Road Trip

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

TxJeremy
Pilgrim

Road Trip

Postby TxJeremy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:50 pm

Next month I'm heading out on a roadtrip from Bryan, Tx to visit family in Glasgow, Ky. That being said I would like to turn it into a small BBQ crawl of sorts. Does anyone have any suggestions for some good roadside Q?

Areas I'll be close to:

* Marshall, Tx
* Texarkana, Tx
* Carthage, TX
* Lufkin, TX
* Crockett, TX
* Madisonville, TX
TxJeremy
Pilgrim

Re: Road Trip

Postby TxJeremy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:57 pm

So my post was edited why? I ask a question of my fellow Texan's about their travels and places they have eaten at.. Did I miss a rule about not talking about other states? Did I post in the wrong place ? Is it to much to think that maybe someone from Texas has been to other states and my have some information about places to eat that are worth a try?

I understand that if I was trying to advertise something or promote a out of state place for profit, but wow a simple question for information so I don't miss out on some good BBQ really..
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Your first few posts need approval before they show up on the board. I don't think anything was edited. If there was apologies sent your way. Good luck on your travels.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
TxJeremy
Pilgrim

Postby TxJeremy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:25 pm

limey wrote:Your first few posts need approval before they show up on the board. I don't think anything was edited. If there was apologies sent your way. Good luck on your travels.

Thank you, my original post had a list of cities and states I will be traveling to and now the only places are the Tx locations.

I just found it rude to edit my post without a reason as to why.. I'm over it now.

Thanks again, best wishes
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:42 am

Not my neck of the Woods but was pleasantly surprised by Naamans in Texarkana, TX.
Mr. Orange
Wrangler

Postby Mr. Orange » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:22 am

Joseph's Riverport BBQ in Jefferson, TX is pretty good. About 15 minutes north of Marshall.

Have fun.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”