Gatlin's BBQ Houston Heights

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

alexbender
Pilgrim

Gatlin's BBQ Houston Heights

Postby alexbender » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Haven't been able to try any since I moved back since they are awaiting their brick and mortar to be finished and shut the truck down. Hear it's supposed to be great though I did get to meet the family and they all seemed like an awesome bunch who love what they do. Anyone been able to check them out? good cue is hard to find in Houston proper seems like you gotta go to either Killen's in Pearland or Corkscrew in Spring.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Gatlin's BBQ Houston Heights

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Alex, is this the place that has been there since the beginning of dirt :?: Way back in the daze we used to drive from downtown to a Q place in the Heights that was owned and operated by a fine old Family and it was about as good as you could get even then.

OUP
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
alexbender
Pilgrim

Postby alexbender » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:30 pm

they started in 2010 far as i know, haven't lived here since 07 so its new to me.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:51 am

I asked my best bud who grew up in the Heights about it and he said that the one we used to go to wasn't on 22nd and their name wasn't Gatlin - - - - he is working on his ?memory? and will let me know what the other one was called. He did say that there was an automotive repair shop next door that was also owned by those folks. No matter it sure brings back some good memories of the Old Heights when things were "different" :tup:

OUP
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”