Corpus Christi

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

azcharlie
Pilgrim

Corpus Christi

Postby azcharlie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi my name is Charlie and I'm new here so I hope this is the right place to post a question.

I will be coming to Corpus Christi next week for 3 days to visit my daughter, granddaughter and my 2 great grandkids. I came to visit last year and my son-in-law took us out for some Q. I don't remember the name of place but it was not very good. So this year I would like to take them out to get some good BBQ. I would to avoid the big chain places and find a nice local joint.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Re: Corpus Christi

Postby egghead » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:52 am

Google "Corpus Christi Best BBQ" and go to the link to Trip Advisor. I don't go out for BBQ very often so can't comment on the list. Howard's BBQ used to cater client lunches where I worked and I thought they were pretty good. Been to their restaurant one time and it was good. Been to a couple others with a dining out group that I didn't care for.

Couple other non-Q restaurants you may want to try:

Ginger Cafe on Staples - Mediterranean food. Get the lamb shank - no knife needed
Niko's steak house - Medium priced steak house that do most things well
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:47 am

We were in Corpus with friends from Sweden. We went to Rudy's. We had pulled pork, turkey, and sausage. They were all pretty good. 8/10.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
azcharlie
Pilgrim

Postby azcharlie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:13 pm

I checked on Cotton's and some others it seems that most are only open for lunch and close at 3:00 PM. But I think I may have found a place that may fit the bill. It's called Bar B-Q man. Has any one heard of this place or had any experience with them?
azcharlie
Pilgrim

Postby azcharlie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Well I just got back from Corpus Christi. I had a great time even got to go trick and treating with my great grand kids. What a blast.

I arrived there on Thursday evening and thought I would drive straight over to get some BBQ. This place is a little hard to find even my GPS couldn't find it at first. But once I got there it was well worth it. The place is clean and has a welcoming feel to it. The owner (pit master) serves up the meat right in front of you. I had brisket and pork ribs with potato salad and coleslaw. The meat had a really good smoke flavor and a nice deep smoke ring. The ribs were tender but not fall off the bone just the way I like them. the sauce was served on the side. After I ate the owner took me in the back and gave me a tour of his pits. All in all a great experience.

My recommendation: If your in Corpus stop by and check them out.

The BAR-B-Q Man Restaurant
4931 I-37 south
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Nice - they advertise in our church bulletin. I'll have to check them out.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”