Red River BBQ

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Red River BBQ

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:48 pm

Got to make a four day/three night trip to the Texas Gulf Coast last week. On Thursday we had the pleasure of dining at Red River BBQ in League City. I had the two-meat platter, brisket and spicy sausage. Sides were beans and onion rings. The Mrs., not trusting anyone’s Q but mine, opted for a spicy chicken sandwich with fries. You can get the brisket one of three ways at Red River. Regular slice with fat, lean, or heavy bark (burnt ends?). I opted for the lean, and found it to be tender and having a good smoke flavor. The sausage had a nice back-bite. Sides, well they are sides after all. The staff was attentive, and polite. Best of all, the sauce was served on the side.
Attachments
RedRiverBBQinLeagueCityTX.JPG
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Red River BBQ

Postby Okie Sawbones » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:15 pm

I like a place that is proud enough of their BBQ to put sauce on the side.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:27 pm

:?: League City, eh :?: - - - might be time for me to renew an old friendship :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Hmmmm looks good ......so it's right there by the Red River in League City?
tarde venientibus ossa....
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:25 pm

Papa Tom wrote:Hmmmm looks good ......so it's right there by the Red River in League City?

I was confused too. I thought the Red River was the border between North Dakota and Minnesota, and flowed north into Canada. :dont:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”