Made it home for this first visit in a long time

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Made it home for this first visit in a long time

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 am

Made it back to Longview for a long overdue visit with Grandma. My Grandparents have lived on S High my whole life and my Mom and I lived with them for a bit back in the day. Needless to say The Bodacious on Mobberly was a regular spot to eat.

Over the years it became a nostalgic spot to visit with good Q for a franchise operation but not a destination joint. That is until Pitmaster Jordan was given the reigns and put his spin on things. The Buzz started to build and then they landed #4 on the T50 list.

So guess where I was headed as soon as I got home…these guys are killing it. My family and I were extremely impressed. I really like the fact they kept the $1.85 sloppy joe on the menu for the kids (ok maybe I ate the rest). They also have several sandwiches on the menu as options.

I opted for moist brisket, pulled pork, hot link and house sausage. I might make it home more often now…

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Made it home for this first visit in a long time

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:59 am

If I may quote Mr. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr. "Hey it's great to be back home again" - - - grub looks good too - - - enjoy the Food Family and MEMORIES :tup: :salut: :santa: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Made it home for this first visit in a long time

Postby Russ » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Yup, perfect combinations brother. Would love to try that someday.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”