My reward for not being a wuss

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

My reward for not being a wuss

Postby bsooner75 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:07 pm

Ok so, I was a wuss the first time but with modern medicine I sucked it up on round two. Had to have an MRI on my back. This is about the fifth over the years and my experiences have gotten progressively worse. I don’t fit in the machines and they have made me chlosterphobic. I went last week and even using the larger hole machines I still couldn’t do it.

So, back this week we went. Two Valium later with Jason Borland streaming and I was in the tube. Made it through ok so the wife said we should go for dinner. I spotted Ten 50 BBQ down the street and decided to give it a shot.

Still didn’t feel much from Valium so I decided I needed a big Velvet Hammer to wet my whistle. Should’ve done that before the scan :)

Anyway, had brisket, pork sausage, ribs, torpedo. Sides were Mac and cheese and bbq beans.

Wife had lean brisket, sausage, Mac & cheese and fried okra.

The brisket was good as was the sausage. Pork ribs…meh. Beans and Mac weren’t really hot but tasted so good. Show stealers were the rolls and fried okra. I’d say it’s worth a stop if you’re in the neighborhood.

ImageImageImageImageImage
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: My reward for not being a wuss

Postby Rambo » Thu May 31, 2018 9:17 pm

Looks good; what town is this in?
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Rambo wrote:Looks good; what town is this in?

Richardson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Thu May 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Looks good from here, ribs look dry though.
Thanks for the review.
Hope you get to feeling better, brutha!
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:14 am

OUCH, Sooner, cronic back pain is the *#T&*)&T# and I can relate on the paranoia of the MRI :banghead: KUDOS for hanging in there and "git'n her done" :salut: Plate don't look that bad, especially after two Valium :drunk: Hope you get this problem taken care of . :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:49 am

Apparently the double xanax and the 20oz Velvet Hammer I had with dinner were still working.............

It was Jason Boland not Borland and the sides were so-so.........except the rolls and the wifes fried okra which were good.

Limey your observation on the ribs is spot on.

:drunk:

Thanks y'all - I'd go back if in the neighborhood, just not make a trip just to eat there. I was also told I should have gotten the onion rings so maybe next time.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:56 am

Sooner, next time you have an MRI, tell them you want one of the newer machines that now have open sides on them. I know exactly what you are talking about with the tube type. They are a pain in the tail, and I don't like them either.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:45 pm

GRailsback wrote:Sooner, next time you have an MRI, tell them you want one of the newer machines that now have open sides on them. I know exactly what you are talking about with the tube type. They are a pain in the tail, and I don't like them either.

I did. Dr said they don’t have a clear enough image. I personally think it’s more about what insurance companies and imaging centers the Drs are in cahoots with…my wife says I need to let that conspiracy theory go but I truly believe it .

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:10 pm

Don't let that theory go, you are correct. I have been in a significant medical battle since July of last year and they are all in cahoots with each other. And every Dr. wants to do it his own way, even if another one has already imaged the same area within a week.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:35 pm

Hope you resolve your back issues sooner. Pains a bummer. A good doc can help. My doc was amazing about 10 years ago when I had pain from scar tissue from 2 ops, lived on panadol etc for months. Doc said he would try something different. A pill made for epilepsy has an other benefit, it tricked the body to give me no pain. My pain was a 9 all the time, now it's about .5 and very manageable. 1 pill a day cured me. Your doc knows best!

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks y’all. It’s an old HS football injury (helmet to the back) that I was able to keep in check through a chiropractor for nearly 20 years. Finally got to where that didn’t help. Couple years back I had a laminectomy that gave me temporary relief but it’s back with a vengeance. The head guy in the Dr’s I’m seeing this time did Tony Romo and Prince Fielders surgeries (Of course that’s not the doc I get). Ran into Dirk Nowitzki there my first visit so I think I’m in good hands this time…I hope.

In the meantime, I gotta survive Disney world and sleeping in the grannies attic of my inlaws RV in a couple weeks. Wish me luck :)

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:35 am

Sleeping Comfort is utmost important to Back Pain Sufferers so good luck with the strange bed(s) :tup: :salut: :cheers:

When do you expect to get a report from the MRI :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Sleeping Comfort is utmost important to Back Pain Sufferers so good luck with the strange bed(s) :tup: :salut: :cheers:

When do you expect to get a report from the MRI :?:

Yup, I’m going to miss my sleep number.

Dr’s office said they hope to get the report Monday. My follow up isn’t until after we get back but they are going to call and go over some of it on the phone with me.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:15 am

Cool, I know I don't have to remind you but "Be sure and Travel Wisely - and don't over do if possible" :salut:
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Got a bad back (and neck) and a Sleep Number bed myself. Way over-priced, but it does help. One other thing I'd recommend is an inversion table. They really do work (I have one). That time spent partially or completely upside down lets your spine decompress and slip back into place. It's more helpful than my chiropractor, LOL. Best of all, you can find them used on Craigslist and similar sites for far less than retail. People use them for a month or so, feel better, and instead of continuing the therapy, they get rid of inversion table. :scratch:

As for the food... Looks like the flavor was there with all of it, BUT it does look a little on the dry side.

I had MRIs on my back also. Don't blame you for being wary. I did OK in the small space and all, but I had vertigo for 3 days afterwards. Can't be good for yah if it does that...
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”