Roxy's S.C mustard sauce

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Re: Roxy's S.C mustard sauce

Postby tex_toby » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:20 am

I like the sauce too, Roxy. I made up a batch of it for the first time a month or so ago. It's definitely different than anything I have ever tried here in the lone star state! ;) I made a ham sammich last week and put a little on there. How long will it keep in the fridge?

tex 8)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
Roxy
Pilgrim

Postby Roxy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:36 am

I have had it two weeks but I think that with the amount of vinegar in it, it should be good for a while.

Never had any last that long.
If y'all go away hunger, its yo own dang fault...

3 - ProBBQ Frontiers
ProBBQ Excel 20
WSM With ProBBQ stacker
Chargriller
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Roxy wrote:Never had any last that long.

My wife or kids won't touch anything with vinegar, so it's going to be a while before I can use my bottle up. :wink:

tex 8)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
greywolf
Pilgrim

Postby greywolf » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 pm

I made some of this last week for pork butts, ribs, and loins. I like it alot, my son just likes it , and the wife won't try anything but KC masterpeice. the only problem is it doesn't have the right color to really showcase the meat. still, I will make this again.
Roxy
Pilgrim

Postby Roxy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:27 pm

greywolf wrote:I made some of this last week for pork butts, ribs, and loins. I like it alot, my son just likes it , and the wife won't try anything but KC masterpeice. the only problem is it doesn't have the right color to really showcase the meat. still, I will make this again.

I dont know of a sauce that showcases the meat. All sauce covers up the true colour that is presented in pork butt weither it is a mustard sauce, red sauce or that awful K.C. Masterpiece.. Well, that is short of that spicy vinegar that is popular in eastern NC.. Never could get used to such a strong vinegar flavour on the meat.
If y'all go away hunger, its yo own dang fault...

3 - ProBBQ Frontiers
ProBBQ Excel 20
WSM With ProBBQ stacker
Chargriller
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:40 am

Roxy wrote:
greywolf wrote:I made some of this last week for pork butts, ribs, and loins. I like it alot, my son just likes it , and the wife won't try anything but KC masterpeice. the only problem is it doesn't have the right color to really showcase the meat. still, I will make this again.

I dont know of a sauce that showcases the meat. All sauce covers up the true colour that is presented in pork butt weither it is a mustard sauce, red sauce or that awful K.C. Masterpiece.. Well, that is short of that spicy vinegar that is popular in eastern NC.. Never could get used to such a strong vinegar flavour on the meat.

Well after the Tabasco, black pepper, red pepper, white pepper, chipotle and habs in mine you don't much notice the cider vinegar :shock: :roll: :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
roaniecowpony
Cowboy

Postby roaniecowpony » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:40 pm

Necro post, I know. But I wanted to pay respect to Roxy for this recipe and I just found the genesis of his very popular sauce.

I first tried Roxy's sauce at least 10 years ago after seeing it on this forum. I have to admit to not making it often. But when I do, I love it (for wimps, you can tone down the tartness by adding more sugar).

My favorite way to use it is to toast a very soft french roll (Francisco brand are my favorites) in a pan with butter to crisp it a good bit, then apply Roxy's sauce to one half of the roll, apply apple butter to the other half of the roll, place a liberal amount of twice smoked pulled pork on the roll, add a dill pickel on the side, and enjoy.

Many thanks to Roxy for this recipe.
[i][b][color=#0000BF]Chuck[/color][/b][/i]
RecTec RT-700 Platinum Pkg
Bubba Keg grill/smoker
Capt-n-Cook 600" gasser grill
26" Weber Kettle
Epoxy Plano
Pilgrim

Postby Epoxy Plano » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 am

Vinegar for my kids would be no no... but i once tried this mustard i can say i loved it
tcat45365
Pilgrim

Postby tcat45365 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:09 pm

This is on my bucket list. Got to go get some Texas Barbecue.

John of Tree Service Waco Texas

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”