Good mustard sauce

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Good mustard sauce

Postby Hj » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 am

honey mustard with 1/2 c. mayo, 1/4 c. mustard or to your taste, salt, 1/8 c to 1/4 c. honey, dash cayenne pepper or more to UR taste, and tad of salt. Great on used on about anything, sandwiches, or as dips. Make it to your taste. Haven't tried it on smoking. But just about everything else.
A mistake is sometimes a great creation
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: Good mustard sauce

Postby Papa Tom » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:15 am

Hmmmm I'm thinking salmon it's Lent.
Thanks
tarde venientibus ossa....
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Hey Papa Tom Try using about 1/4 sour cream and rest mayo with this I did today n like it better, but everyones' taste different. Happy Easter to you and yours and all on this site.
hj USER_AVATAR
Hj
Bandolero

Postby Hj » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Another for salmon ...... is Wasabi mixed with mayo with little sour cream - salt n tad of garlic granular with lemon juice fresh and grill that salmon or make an encrusted panko mix with the sauce and salmon. Oh that sure is good eating and when you let it sit in wasabi and with some buttermilk whisked together - pour it over covered and chilled over night. BEFORE grilling or baking and using more fresh wasabi mixed with sour cream - mayo and little lemon juice. ..Darn good eating. I threw fresh chopped chives to serve and make lemon asparagus to go with it and a green goddess salad.

My neighbor got so many fresh big mouth bass last week end and use it on it.. Those bass were sweet and delicious made half with the mustard sauce and other half I seasoned fillets with Sazon Pollo seasoning medium sprinkled and just fried it in very tiny bit little coconut oil ...so flaky, sweet and non fishy tasting.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks HJ
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”