Roasted Hatch Salsa - Help !

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Roasted Hatch Salsa - Help !

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 am

thanks, Sooner, even with Briquettes "Mesquite" always has a shining moment - - - 'preciate it :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:38 am

Had a few minutes free time this morning and I kept smelling that fresh Cilantro every time I opened the Frig so I decided to chop the leaves (only) and add it to my roasted Salsa - - - - the smell of my kitchen is to die for and the Salsa is even better than the gooder it already was :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:35 am

:wav:
OldUsedParts wrote:Had a few minutes free time this morning and I kept smelling that fresh Cilantro every time I opened the Frig so I decided to chop the leaves (only) and add it to my roasted Salsa - - - - the smell of my kitchen is to die for and the Salsa is even better than the gooder it already was :laughing7: :D :lol:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:27 am

I keep thinking that after several uses of this almost empty first jar of that Roasted Hatch Salsa, it would kinda become same ol same ol BUT THAT WAS NOT TO BE - - - the more I eat the more I am tempted to make more and I only have one pint left :shock: . Since some Hatch are still available around here, I may just have to bite the bullet after Harv gets thru dumping on Texas.

:?: :?: Could I Roast some Hatch before they're gone and freeze them to use later :?: :?:

:dont: Maybe there's a Support Group for getting off of Roasted Salsa somewhere "HELP" :whiteflag:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:33 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I keep thinking that after several uses of this almost empty first jar of that Roasted Hatch Salsa, it would kinda become same ol same ol BUT THAT WAS NOT TO BE - - - the more I eat the more I am tempted to make more and I only have one pint left :shock: . Since some Hatch are still available around here, I may just have to bite the bullet after Harv gets thru dumping on Texas.

:?: :?: Could I Roast some Hatch before they're gone and freeze them to use later :?: :?:

:dont: Maybe there's a Support Group for getting off of Roasted Salsa somewhere "HELP" :whiteflag:

The only support group I am aware of hands you a bag of chips upon entry. How is that going to help?? Yes, you will lose some of the crispness if you freeze. Why dont you just can them?
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:36 am

you mean can just the Hatch Peppers without roasting :?:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:15 am

OldUsedParts wrote:you mean can just the Hatch Peppers without roasting :?:

Yes, but if you go to all the trouble to get your canning stuff out, you might as well just make a mega batch of salsa.
:dont: :dont: :dont:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:31 am

Seems lately that "I" am my own worst enemy - - - - dang BBQ Forum anyhow :banghead: :laughing7: :D :lol:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:37 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Seems lately that "I" am my own worst enemy - - - - dang BBQ Forum anyhow :banghead: :laughing7: :D :lol:

Ain't that the truth. I used to have some free time on my hands. Now.... :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:43 am

they need to develop a transmission for the brain so you can put it into neutral when it starts idling crazy :laughing7: :D :lol:
n2dabluebbq USER_AVATAR
n2dabluebbq
Bandolero

Postby n2dabluebbq » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:58 pm

late to the party. yes, you can roast and freeze them. we don't skin them or anything after roasting if we are freezing them. later we will peel or not peel the skin as needed.
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 pm

How did I miss this. Excellent salsa OUP. I like smoke on my salsa and a couple ears of corn is nice as well.

Nice work OUP.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 am

thanks, Gentlemen :tup: :salut:

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”