Pork loin Adobo

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Pork loin Adobo

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:50 am

A little teaser for this evening's cook.. Some fresh made Adobo marinade for an oink loin!! I put about 9 ingredients in here, wish I'd have written it all down ;) Gonna grill it up over some white oak after she's had 8 hours minimum in this delicious bath! More pics to follow later on, stay tuned!!
20170628_080452.jpg
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Pork loin Adobo

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:11 pm

My mouth is watering already and I haven't even see the Product :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Help an old man's brain out, what'sa the gadget in the middle of yer pot in the picture?
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Oh I think I see it now, it's some kinda queezzeenart thingee and that is the drive spindle. Duh.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Boots, think of it as a red transmission and bell housing BUT standing on the drive shaft end :P ;) :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Boots wrote:Help an old man's brain out, what'sa the gadget in the middle of yer pot in the picture?

Haha! OUP beat me to it. I was gonna say it was a mini transmission output shaft. Lol. It is my food processor! Love that thing. Makes quick work of anything tossed in; including car key fobs. Lol
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:53 pm

?car key fobs? - - - C'mon ya gotta tell now that you've gone that far :dont: :roll: :?: :D
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:20 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:?car key fobs? - - - C'mon ya gotta tell now that you've gone that far :dont: :roll: :?: :D

You see, what had happened was... Lol

Well, I was making some salsa, almost everything in the pot there and it was whirring away. I realize I forgot the garlic and grabbed it out of the fridge.. When I closed the fridge, our extra car remote was on top of the fridge and fell when the door closed. Well, I had the chute on the processor open, (the stomper that fits in was taken out so I could add stuff on the fly..) and it was a shot I could not have made if I were TRYING... The remote fell from the fridge, plopped right into the chute. It sounded like a brick in a REALLY fast spinning dryer :laughing7: Needless to say, that particular batch of salsa was 86'd and the remote was done for.. The wife still can't remember where she put the spare remote, and I haven't the heart to tell her I killed it. Lol
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Txdragon wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:?car key fobs? - - - C'mon ya gotta tell now that you've gone that far :dont: :roll: :?: :D

You see, what had happened was... Lol

Well, I was making some salsa, almost everything in the pot there and it was whirring away. I realize I forgot the garlic and grabbed it out of the fridge.. When I closed the fridge, our extra car remote was on top of the fridge and fell when the door closed. Well, I had the chute on the processor open, (the stomper that fits in was taken out so I could add stuff on the fly..) and it was a shot I could not have made if I were TRYING... The remote fell from the fridge, plopped right into the chute. It sounded like a brick in a REALLY fast spinning dryer :laughing7: Needless to say, that particular batch of salsa was 86'd and the remote was done for.. The wife still can't remember where she put the spare remote, and I haven't the heart to tell her I killed it. Lol

Pmsl, that's gold, it's like making a cracker and you accidentally drop it, it always lands on the spread side down. I always laugh when this happens to me. I played your scene as you put it, the remote falling in slow motion, lol.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:51 pm

And here's the loin now after near 9 hours in that wonderful Adobo marinade!!
20170628_164946.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Ai Yi Yi :tup: - - - what you cooking it on/with :?:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:52 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Ai Yi Yi :tup: - - - what you cooking it on/with :?:

Took me a while to get a fire going, had some rain the other day and evidently the wood was still a bit moist.. Sigh.. But.. It's going hot and as fast as I can manage over white oak. Basically between 280 and 300 and I'm REALLY struggling to keep temp stable today sooooo, methinks it's getting ready to go into the oven here very soon.. It's gotten a little time to get some good smoke so I think I may quit while I'm ahead..
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:10 pm

no foul there just as long as you don't do "you know what to it" :laughing7: :D :lol: :whiteflag:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Been ok keeping good temp the last hour so I may let it ride..
20170628_183824.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 pm

da man wiff da plan :tup: that looks great :cheers:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”