Country Style Ribs

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Eastern seaboard
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:40 am

Okay, once you pan them (sauce contained about a bottle of beer, seasonings, and equal amounts whatever sauce you like) you cover pan with foil, and grill indirect for 90 minutes. THEN you remove the steaks and sear a second time over direct heat. Whew.
Moink!
super8mm USER_AVATAR
super8mm
Cowboy
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby super8mm » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:05 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Okay, once you pan them (sauce contained about a bottle of beer, seasonings, and equal amounts whatever sauce you like) you cover pan with foil, and grill indirect for 90 minutes. THEN you remove the steaks and sear a second time over direct heat. Whew.

Sweet, Thanks :D
"He was ugly, strong and had dignity" by Marion Robert Morrison
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 6893
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:23 pm

super8mm wrote:
1MoreFord wrote:There is also the pork loin version that is boneless that I prefer. Both are good stuff!

Thanks, that sounds good too.

If you’re going to buy a boneless pork loin and cut it into steaks they are wonderful BUT, there’s a tiny window on the grilling between perfect and dry
super8mm USER_AVATAR
super8mm
Cowboy
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby super8mm » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:10 pm

Rambo wrote:
super8mm wrote:
1MoreFord wrote:There is also the pork loin version that is boneless that I prefer. Both are good stuff!

Thanks, that sounds good too.

If you’re going to buy a boneless pork loin and cut it into steaks they are wonderful BUT, there’s a tiny window on the grilling between perfect and dry

I will probably go with some cheaper meat first before I move to finer cuts of meat
"He was ugly, strong and had dignity" by Marion Robert Morrison
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 6893
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:23 pm

super8mm wrote:
Rambo wrote:
super8mm wrote:
1MoreFord wrote:There is also the pork loin version that is boneless that I prefer. Both are good stuff!

Thanks, that sounds good too.

If you’re going to buy a boneless pork loin and cut it into steaks they are wonderful BUT, there’s a tiny window on the grilling between perfect and dry

I will probably go with some cheaper meat first before I move to finer cuts of meat

You can usually get the boneless loin for around $2 a Lb. Reasonable
super8mm USER_AVATAR
super8mm
Cowboy
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby super8mm » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:38 pm

Rambo wrote:You can usually get the boneless loin for around $2 a Lb. Reasonable

Oh OK that is not bad :D
"He was ugly, strong and had dignity" by Marion Robert Morrison
dub'
Cowboy
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:38 am
Location: RtCoastTxExPat
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby dub' » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:03 am

I'll also endorse cutting a butt down into steaks and grilling them
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 19579
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:08 am

I've been doing them VVVVthisVVVV way for several years and we really like it.
https://bbqpitboys.com/blogs/recipes/co ... e-bbq-ribs
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby CaptJack » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:44 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I've been doing them VVVV this VVVV way for several years and we really like it.
https://bbqpitboys.com/blogs/recipes/co ... e-bbq-ribs
Attachments
_flames_s.jpg
_flames_s.jpg (21.31 KiB) Viewed 453 times
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates • CampChef pellet cooker
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 6893
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby Rambo » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:41 pm

CaptJack wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:I've been doing them VVVV this VVVV way for several years and we really like it.
https://bbqpitboys.com/blogs/recipes/co ... e-bbq-ribs

Captain; your picture didn’t pull up up for me but I’m not real smart but I can pick up heavy boxes
super8mm USER_AVATAR
super8mm
Cowboy
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby super8mm » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:53 pm

Rambo wrote:
CaptJack wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:I've been doing them VVVV this VVVV way for several years and we really like it.
https://bbqpitboys.com/blogs/recipes/co ... e-bbq-ribs

Captain; your picture didn’t pull up up for me but I’m not real smart but I can pick up heavy boxes

I didn't see it either
"He was ugly, strong and had dignity" by Marion Robert Morrison
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 6893
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby Rambo » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:57 pm

That makes me feel better in my old age
1moreford USER_AVATAR
1MoreFord
Rustler
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:41 pm
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby 1MoreFord » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:41 am

There is another version I've just found at WallyWorld that is bone in loin style that looks interesting.
Joe

Falcon MKV Gas Grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn now gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef 24SG, and Weber 22" OTG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 19579
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:27 am

I always prefer Bone In if I have a choice. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
super8mm USER_AVATAR
super8mm
Cowboy
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Grapevine, Tx
Contact:

Re: Country Style Ribs

Postby super8mm » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:13 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I always prefer Bone In if I have a choice. :tup:

Does the bone in add more flavor?
"He was ugly, strong and had dignity" by Marion Robert Morrison

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests