Sunday Cook

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Allie

Postby Allie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:42 pm

We took the syringe from it to use on some meat at a friend's party. The syringe didn't get used but after the party, no one could find it. I went out and bought a bigger and better one. Now if only the needle part didn't come off when you're pulling it out of the meat.
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:47 pm

Can't go wrong with creole and butter!!!! Thats some good stuff in a fried turkey, my personal favorite if I do say so myself!
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:01 pm

When you inject the turkey or whatever you may inject, how much do you inject in each spot? We tried injecting a turkey we fried one time. After cooking it, and slicing the turkey. You could see where we injected the turkey. It looked like the seasoning just did not absorb into the meat. It just puddled in that one spot. Did we inject to much or not enough?
Allie

Postby Allie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:34 pm

When Les injected that one, he just put in a little bit at a time and jabbed it all over in no particular pattern. We couldn't tell at all where we injected it. Could the difference be in the method of cooking? We've never fried one but seems to me it has more time to settle being smoked slow and low.
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:23 pm

antaean7 wrote:We tried injecting a turkey we fried one time. After cooking it, and slicing the turkey. You could see where we injected the turkey.

This sounds like a turkey we did several years ago. Same thing happened to us.

:scratch: I have heard, however, that sometimes injections leave streaks, even in smoked items like butts. It may be something to do with the spices. Ours had some soy and other dark items, so it would really stand out against the white breast meat.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”