Who (all) on the forum makes and sells BBQ Products?

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Who (all) on the forum makes and sells BBQ Products?

Postby Gator » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:05 am

I know of several - I was thinking it would be great to have a website for Texas BBQ products - the best of the Texas type approach, selling rubs, sauces...anything related to Texas BBQ. It could help folks just getting started to get their name out there and BTW I tasted some our our members products and there are some really good product out there...plus we have developed some very good skills of selling on the web + shipping and receiving. We can use our knowledge to help sell your products too.

The store would be a new name, new website - maybe something like "The Best of Texas BBQ Store".

Products must be legit - IE made in a commercial kitchen, sauces tested, professionally packaged, meeting all FDA guidelines...etc, no "making sauce in the bath tub!~" ;)

Manufactures would sell their products to the store at wholesale prices. Wholesale price equals 1/2 what you list it for on your own website or publish to the world as your retail price.

The store would do all the web stuff, warehouse inventory, advertising, sales, pick-n-pack, shipping, returns and collections. Manufactures would sell, invoice and ship to the store warehouse. The store would buy from you up front via invoice/Net 30 or CC. <- This is a really good deal if you are tired of filling orders and sporadically running to the post office. You would now be able to offer same day shipping with multiple shipping options & guarantee your customer would receive orders in a timely manner.

So enough of the details - lets see who may be interested. This is a try it and see if it works type deal - if it works, we keep doing it.

Post up or PM me if interested, if we get enough - then I will work on getting the store launched which will take a couple moths to get rolling.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
charlieg
Pilgrim

Re: Who (all) on the forum makes and sells BBQ Products?

Postby charlieg » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:27 pm

I think its a great idea. I am making UDS Smokers and have been pretty successful. If we could get it going it would help us all including getting new members involved.
Pruitt Ironworks
Pilgrim

Postby Pruitt Ironworks » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Pruitt Ironworks
Longview, Texas
34 years
PRUITIRONWORKS.COM
jtilk
Outlaw

Postby jtilk » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Funny you mention this I was in Houston the other day talking to a guy who owns a bbq/ hot sauce store and mentioned he should look into this for a section in his store. Best of luck on this endeavour.
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
crownbbq USER_AVATAR
CrownBBQ
Pilgrim

Postby CrownBBQ » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:31 pm

As a a very small fish in the large pond of rubs and spices, I am all for any idea that helps the little guy get his or her product out there. Great Idea!!
Never look at life through a windshield to see whats coming......look at life through the rear view mirror and watch it try to catch up.

http://www.crownbbq.com

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”