Modena Burger

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Modena Burger

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 am

Hello everybody :D , last night I did can not sleep thinking the best way to prepare a typical hamburger with special famous ingredients made in my city: Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and traditional balsamic vinegar.... So this is the right way I thought :chef:
First. cooking onion a few rubbed with paprika and white sugar, and zucchini
second. when vegetables are done pick up in a plate and put your beef burger on the grill (indirect) smoking with apple wood chips :laughing7: (I used beef burger of "bianca modenese" cow that is a very old type of milk-meat cow grown only in the mountain near my town
20170214_125206.jpg

third. at the end of smoking put on again the vegetables to keep its warm, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese roughly chopped on the meat
20170214_125356.jpg

p.s. one burger without Parmigiano cheese for my daddy...he doesn't like Parmigiano (buuuu :( )
fourth. 20 minutes to wait a partial fusion of parmigiano cheese and the last 5 minutes add an other less seasoned cheese you prefer... I like put on bread to warm it a bit also
20170214_131506.jpg

fifth. the lower layer I put zucchini, caramelized onion, beef and finally a generous dose of balsamic vinegar over the fused cheese ( Attention please: the real balsamic vinegar is not liquid as that you can find at supermarket...the real is a bit creamy and will not drain everywhere ;) )
20170214_132349.jpg

And the most important passage....Enjoy your Modena Burger!

20170214_132422.jpg
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Modena Burger

Postby Williep » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:46 am

So that's how y'all make a burger over there, sure is pretty. :salut: :salut: :cheers: :cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:09 am

Tasso has just confirmed what we all suspected "BURGERS HAVE NO BOUNDARIES" - - - I really like the entire team he has gathered for the Win :tup: :cheers: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:05 pm

And kudos for catering to your daddy's preferences! :cheers:
Moink!
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:06 pm

looks tasty
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
dub'
Cowboy

Postby dub' » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Bellissima!
U
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:18 pm

I watched a doco about balsamic vinegar being made the other day, some balsalmic was over 200 years old, amazing to see it produced Tasso.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Russ wrote:I watched a doco about balsamic vinegar being made the other day, some balsalmic was over 200 years old, amazing to see it produced Tasso.

Russ

My city (Modena, Italy) is the only place in the world where traditional balsamic vinegar is produced. Many authentic families from this city have their small private balsamic vinegar production. Me and my family have one. It is a tradition... :D some of my wooden barrels where my vinegar matures are 100 years old. My grandparents and great grandparents made this before me. If you will come to visit Italy in future remember to visit one balsamic vinegar farm, it is very interesting and suggestive :laughing7:
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Tasso it was indeed an amazing process, Italy is on my bucket list. The word vinegar means wine and ? Forgot the last part.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Russ wrote:Tasso it was indeed an amazing process, Italy is on my bucket list. The word vinegar means wine and ? Forgot the last part.

Russ

the word vinegar is the english translation of the italian word "aceto"...so I can't answer to your question because aceto is not a mix of more words :dont:
But attention, the classic word vinegar refers commonly to wine vinegar...the balsamic vinegar is not obtained by wine but through the cooked grape must ;)
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”