Best WIFI Thermometer

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

johnnyutah USER_AVATAR
JohnnyUtah
Pilgrim

Best WIFI Thermometer

Postby JohnnyUtah » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:08 am

I've been doing some research on aftermarket thermometers for my new offset smoker. I like the WIFI thermometers based on the fact it syncs to your phone and you don't have to carry a secondary device to monitor the cook. It was surprising to me to see so few WIFI thermometers out there for the backyard guys. I know Thermoworks is coming out with a wireless gateway for their "smoke" series thermometers but I was wondering if anyone has or has heard anything about "FIreboard" thermometers.

They seem to be a relatively new company with limited reviews however those that have provided insight have left positive remarks. Their set up is also exactly what I'm looking for... just a WIFI thermometer, with multiple channels, and the ability to log and document each cook with their app. Don't need the guru fan but Fireboard also has a port to add one at a later date. Anyone have any experience with these therms?

https://www.fireboard.com/shop/fireboard-fbx11-thermometer/
LSG 24x36 offset
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Best WIFI Thermometer

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:32 am

Looks like quality that's for sure.
6ft leads are a huge plus, and multiple Chanel's are nice as well.
Be interesting to see how they do over time, thanks for sharing that.
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 am

I have a cruder system for remote temperature monitoring. I bought a thermocouple reader that plugs into an old laptop PC's USB port and displays the temperature on the laptop. Then I use some free software (VNC) to view the laptop screen remotely on my phone (or other devices).

Of course, this is only worthwhile if you have an older laptop sitting around, doing nothing (mine is an old Windows XP machine). And the laptop has to be protected from rain.
mrxlh
Rustler

Postby mrxlh » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:56 pm

I have been more than happy with my iGrill2, especially at half of that price.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”