Brisket Saturday

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bondobill
Outlaw

Brisket Saturday

Postby bondobill » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Trying my hand at a packer today.
Kinda a rookie at Brisket. Done 3 before, first 2 not so good. Third one was great.

Got it rubbed last night and set back in the fridge.

Up at 3:30 this morn. Injected and in smoke at 4:15. Kinda cold today so got out the old welding blanket

At 4 hours in

7 hours in now. IT at 142. Plan on either panning it or wrapping in butcher paper at IT of 165. :dont:
I got 6 hours before I have to be at a happy hour party. Plan on taking the Brisket. Hoping I have plenty of time :?:
Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Brisket Saturday

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:07 pm

:tup: then QUIT PEEKING :laughing7: :D :lol: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:16 pm

OldUsedParts wrote::tup: then QUIT PEEKING :laughing7: :D :lol: :salut: :cheers:

I know I know :lol: I can't help myself :mrgreen:

Is 140 too early to go into the stall :?: she's been rolling right along all morn. Now it seems to have slowed done quite a bit.
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:57 pm

If it's cold enough to cover the pit then I'm staying inside and making a pot of chili. :laughing7: :laughing7: Brisket look's like it's coming along. :cheers:
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:18 am

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:58 am

That brisket must have been so good Bills in a food coma!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:09 am

It turned out pretty darn good :D Tho I had my doubts right up to the time of slicing it. :dont:
I even brought along sauce just incase it didn't turn out so hot. It wasn't needed. :D
I thought I had allowed myself plenty of time to get this done but that hunk of cow had other ideas. I finally was able to set it in a cooler about 45 minutes before we had to leave for the party.
Total cook time was 12 hours

Thanks to ya'll
I couldn't do it with out ya :cheers:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:12 am

Looks daggone Larapin Wild Bill :tup: :salut: :cheers: - - - BUT it would take two large bottles of Mallox to get me thru a 12 hour cook :banghead: :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:30 pm

good lookin' brisket
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:50 pm

That's a work of art right there. :salut: good color and smoke ring. darn I'm hungry now.

Ric G.
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks guys :D
I would have been a babbling idiot after 12 hours if I'd smoked it on my stick burner for sure .
I'm really liking this pellet pusher. She ran flawless the whole time, makes long cooks a whole lot stress less.

The reason I was concerned about how moist it would be was because of the amount of juices that came out of it when I had it panned. Didn't add any liquid to the pan but ended up with better then a quart in the pan when the meat finally probed tender. Who knows how much juice came out of it in the close to 10 hours of smoking before I panned it. :dont:
Looking at the quart jar of liquid after it cooled down it appears to be 3/4 full of fat.

When we got to the party I warned the host that the brisket maybe dryer then a cork.
Made my day when I started slicing it and saw all the juices flowing . :D

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:46 am

An awesome Briskie for sho but now you have to understand that YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY LOST your membership in "our" Pediatric Pellet Pooper Club - - - you have now graduated Doctor'it Come Larapin :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
SmokeNHops
Wrangler

Postby SmokeNHops » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:45 am

darn good looking brisket. Isn't it funny how stressful it is for us noobies? We become apologists right up until the point where the slicing happens. I did the same with my first on the drum a few weeks back. My wife told me to quit having a pity party. Ended up turning out pretty well and the guests all loved it!
UDS - Not so ugly, but I may be biased ;)
Yoder YS640
down_south USER_AVATAR
Down_South
Wrangler

Postby Down_South » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Good lookin' brisket there Bill. :D Now yer thinkin', "what can I smoke next?"
~Aaron
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:01 pm

SmokeNHops wrote:darn good looking brisket. Isn't it funny how stressful it is for us noobies? We become apologists right up until the point where the slicing happens. I did the same with my first on the drum a few weeks back. My wife told me to quit having a pity party. Ended up turning out pretty well and the guests all loved it!

You know that is soooo true, I did my first rotisserie ever for 40 friends and family a week or so ago. I was sooo worried about the cutting, wife said I had too much colour which got me second guessing myself. Then I started checking temps more. As you say when you cut and know its right.

Great looking cook too bill . Hope your wife doesn't give you advice.lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”