Rib's & Chicken

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rus_bro USER_AVATAR
rus_bro
Rustler

Re: Rib's & Chicken

Postby rus_bro » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:21 am

ribs look GREAT.. that boneless skinless chicken breast almost looks edible (which is saying alot) ;) .

nice work
rb
KCBS CBJ - Smoke On The Bayou BBQ Team, Houston TX - CAPTAIN
Czechaholic
Wrangler

Postby Czechaholic » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Looks good! Did you wrap the ribs at any point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:26 am

Czechaholic wrote:Looks good! Did you wrap the ribs at any point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it took so long to reply to this, I've been out of town. I wrap the last half of the cooking.

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:28 am

rus_bro wrote:ribs look GREAT.. that boneless skinless chicken breast almost looks edible (which is saying alot) ;) .

nice work
rb

Those thing's would almost melt in your mouth. :chef:
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:26 am

Them chickie breasts do look good! Did you wrap or pan them as well to keep them juicy?? If I came with some chickie breasts looking like that it might make the war dept. call a truce for a minute!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:43 pm

castironchris wrote:Them chickie breasts do look good! Did you wrap or pan them as well to keep them juicy?? If I came with some chickie breasts looking like that it might make the war dept. call a truce for a minute!!

I'll tell you how I do my skinless chicken breast but you can't tell anyone. :roll:
I wash and dry them, rub them down with Italian dressing, season them up, put in baggie and then in refrigerator for a few hours till I'm ready to cook. I get a fire going in the grill and when it's ready I sheer both side's, light brown, move to the other end of the grill away from the fire and spray them real good with, now don't laugh, Lipton's Diet Mixed Berry Green Tea. Not real sure what the heat is, but after about 1/2 hour I give them another good spray, never turning them and about 15 minutes later I spray them again. When the internal temp is around 150-155 I put them in a pan and cover them and let them rest in a 170 degree oven till we are ready to eat. They are normally on the pit for about an hour and 15 minute's, give or take a few minute's. I always cook on the grill with B & B Charcoal and chunk's of hickory, if I want more smoke I add more wood as I'm cooking. And there you have it, the way I cook skinless chicken breast. :salut:

kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Williep wrote:
castironchris wrote:Them chickie breasts do look good! Did you wrap or pan them as well to keep them juicy?? If I came with some chickie breasts looking like that it might make the war dept. call a truce for a minute!!

I'll tell you how I do my skinless chicken breast but you can't tell anyone. :roll:
I wash and dry them, rub them down with Italian dressing, season them up, put in baggie and then in refrigerator for a few hours till I'm ready to cook. I get a fire going in the grill and when it's ready I sheer both side's, light brown, move to the other end of the grill away from the fire and spray them real good with, now don't laugh, Lipton's Diet Mixed Berry Green Tea. Not real sure what the heat is, but after about 1/2 hour I give them another good spray, never turning them and about 15 minutes later I spray them again. When the internal temp is around 150-155 I put them in a pan and cover them and let them rest in a 170 degree oven till we are ready to eat. They are normally on the pit for about an hour and 15 minute's, give or take a few minute's. I always cook on the grill with B & B Charcoal and chunk's of hickory, if I want more smoke I add more wood as I'm cooking. And there you have it, the way I cook skinless chicken breast. :salut:

Copy and sent, thanks.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:26 am

Williep wrote:

Very interesting and don't worry I won't tell a soul!! Can't wait to try this! :bow: :bow:
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”