What A Great Weekend

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

What A Great Weekend

Postby Williep » Mon May 08, 2017 7:18 am

Spent Friday and Saturday at Surfside Beach for a beach gathering from another forum and Sunday was spent with kid's and grandkid's for some pool time along with baby back rib's, deer sausage and hot dog's, what a great three day's. Could not have asked for much better weather than what we had.

Beach.jpg
Pic1.JPG
Pic2.JPG
Pic3.JPG
Pic4.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: What A Great Weekend

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 08, 2017 7:44 am

Surf n Smoke - - awesome :tup: :salut: :cheers: - - back in the day we used to rent a house down by Surfside on Pedestrian Beach always right on the water and what great memories Family, Friends and Good Food. I can almost smell that water and grub by just looking at it. Please Note the GREEN WITH ENVY emoticon :mrgreen: Do you know if that restaurant named "The Wind Swept" is still in operation or not? They use to have the best Sunday Seafood all you can eat Buffet that I've ever been to. Only problem was that we would always head home after eating there and while everyone else snored - - - I fought to keep my eyes open and drive us home. :shock:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon May 08, 2017 8:21 am

Wow...beautiful beach AND food!
Moink!
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Mon May 08, 2017 8:35 am

OldUsedParts wrote: Do you know if that restaurant named "The Wind Swept" is still in operation or not?

I have no idea. If I go through Surfside it's just a drive-by, I normally go through Galveston to get down there, Hwy 146 from Baytown, 30 mile's shorter than going Hwy 288 but I do have to put up with the traffic and traffic light's.
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Mon May 08, 2017 8:37 am

Beautiful scenery and food!! Headed down to Port A this weekend myself. Hopefully the weather and food will be as nice as you had.
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 08, 2017 9:14 am

Williep wrote:I have no idea. If I go through Surfside it's just a drive-by, I normally go through Galveston to get down there, Hwy 146 from Baytown, 30 mile's shorter than going Hwy 288 but I do have to put up with the traffic and traffic light's.

Gotcha, sometimes ?IF? we were gonna eat at Windswept then we'd go back via 288 but most times we'd go back thru Galvez and them 146 to Dayton and over to Cleveland. Really depended on the Majority Vote - - - - had nothing to do with the "Driver" :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:19 am

That looks just about perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon May 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Williep wrote:Spent Friday and Saturday at Surfside Beach for a beach gathering from another forum and Sunday was spent with kid's and grandkid's for some pool time along with baby back rib's, deer sausage and hot dog's, what a great three day's. Could not have asked for much better weather than what we had.

WillieP
i'm guessin' you were down for the 2Cool gathering?
I was there too
but I was at the 4th OGSR OldGuysSurfReunion back down at Stahlman Park first
then i came down to the 2Cool gathering, visiting with Monty & Mike Thompson
I'm CaptJack on 2Cool & TKF as well
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:20 pm

That surf is screaming "fish me!"
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Mon May 08, 2017 2:30 pm

CaptJack wrote:
Williep wrote:Spent Friday and Saturday at Surfside Beach for a beach gathering from another forum and Sunday was spent with kid's and grandkid's for some pool time along with baby back rib's, deer sausage and hot dog's, what a great three day's. Could not have asked for much better weather than what we had.

WillieP
I was there too

Sorry I missed meeting you, If I wasn't playing washer's I was visiting with folk's. I got there Saturday morning around 9:00am and left about 4:30 or 5:00pm. If you saw a truck with a receiver hitch table with an umbrella then that was mine.

captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon May 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Williep wrote:
CaptJack wrote:

WillieP
I was there too

Sorry I missed meeting you, If I wasn't playing washer's I was visiting with folk's.
I got there Saturday morning around 9:00am and left about 4:30 or 5:00pm.
If you saw a truck with a receiver hitch table with an umbrella then that was mine.

you were probably playing washers right in front of us when i was visiting with Monty & Mike

I drive a pale green Honda Element with kayak racks
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 08, 2017 4:56 pm

TX1911 wrote:That surf is screaming "fish me!"

Yes indeed it do - - - depending on the tide, that looks like a 3 bar wade fish to me :tup: :salut:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”