How to Store and Reheat Brisket

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

mimiyanez1234
Pilgrim

How to Store and Reheat Brisket

Postby mimiyanez1234 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 am

I have 5 briskets that I am going to cook in a roaster on Friday for a party on Saturday. Of course I will be cooking one brisket at a time. I need to know how to store them after each of them is done cooking and how to reheat them on Saturday so that the meat will stay moist. I plan on chopping the meat to have chopped beef sandwiches. Thanks in advance!
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Re: How to Store and Reheat Brisket

Postby Chasdev » Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 am

Good question, seems like about the time they get cooled down in the fridge or ice chests, it will be time to heat them back up!
Cooking one at a time will take 30 to 50 hours more or less depending on how large they are and if you cook hot and fast or low (to medium) and slow..
Really more of a logistics problem, what size pans/trays/pots do you have? How big a fridge? How many ice chests and how much ice plus how many people are needing to be served over what period of time and how many at one time?
How big is your prep area? How many helpers do you have?
Each brisket needs 2 hours to cool to 140 before you shred them, you can get that done while the next is cooking, store the shred in a cooler, repeat 4 more times.
Heating could get interesting depending on the answer to how many mouths at one time/over what time frame..
Hate so say it but microwave may be your only choice..although seal a meal bags placed in very hot water makes for better meat..IMHO.
Good luck sir!
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Tue May 09, 2017 6:52 pm

i agree
after you chop or shred the meat
i would put it in vacuum sealed bags
to re-heat in hot water
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
Fearlessleader
Pilgrim

Postby Fearlessleader » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:36 pm

I like to reheat in a roasting pan with about a 1/2" of apple juice in the bottom. Seal the top with foil and put it on the grill turned down real low.
ʹ89hog USER_AVATAR
'89HOG
Pilgrim

Postby '89HOG » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:58 am

I realize I'm a little late to reply, but I've used this method a couple of times and it comes out really well. We've put brisket (whole or sliced) in a vacuum seal using our food saver. We've kept it in the freezer for over a month and it still comes out tasting good. The way we reheat it is to throw in boiling water (still in the vacuum seal, of course). I did two briskets this way and used our roaster over full of water to reheat them. Since the briskets were kept whole, they heated up like they were fresh off the smoker. Good luck.
rickhdz36 USER_AVATAR
rickhdz36
Rustler

Postby rickhdz36 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Not to still his thread but would you be putting the meat right into the food saver after maybe resting for an hour? or right after it comes from the cook? Or till it reaches an internal temp?

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”