Eating in 2 days... Its DONE

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rus_bro USER_AVATAR
rus_bro
Rustler

Eating in 2 days... Its DONE

Postby rus_bro » Sun May 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Ok boys...

We are having friends from out of town over for dinner on Wednesday night. The wife wanted to give them some texas love, SO i JUST pulled a little 10lb packer and a 7 lb butt off of the smoker.

I have read a hundred threads on this but I cant find the ones I am looking for, BUT what exactly should i do to keep them whole until wednesday night?

They are both still foiled from the cook in their own natural juices. I am thinking to leave them foiled and get them into the fridge. On Wednesday add a little stock and reseal the foil, heat at about 225 in the oven for an hour or 2.

I guess my biggest question is how long do i wait before putting it in the fridge? Common knowledge is that you NEVER put a hot piece of meat in the fridge, BUT i just want to be sure I do it right.

Thanks
rb
KCBS CBJ - Smoke On The Bayou BBQ Team, Houston TX - CAPTAIN
Swamptrout
Pilgrim

Re: Eating in 2 days... Its DONE

Postby Swamptrout » Sun May 21, 2017 11:50 pm

I am guessing it has cooled down a bit now.

I would be tempted to cryvac the meat then put in the fridge once they have cooled to a slightly higher than room temp.
My obsessions - cooking, grilling, burning, smoking.
My possessions - GMG DB, Akorn, Hark Roti, Ziggy Triple, Viva Multi Cooker.
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Eating in 2 days... Its DONE

Postby Williep » Mon May 22, 2017 4:50 am

This is just me but the way I do it is wait till the meat is cold all the way through and then vacuum pack. To heat back up I'll foil it tight with a little water and heat slow in the oven till warm/hot all the way through.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”