B&B lump

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

B&B lump

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:24 pm

Any of you guys noticed a limited supply of all B&B lump except for Oak over the last couple of months? I've hit 3 different Academy's multiple times looking for Mesquite and Hickory lump. Only thing they've had is Oak. Last week my wife finally found one bag of hickory but no Mesquite. I'd understand if it were just the week before Memorial Day but I started looking well before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rickhdz36 USER_AVATAR
rickhdz36
Rustler

Re: B&B lump

Postby rickhdz36 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:49 am

where are you located? Maybe its what was selling? Ive gone to my local HEB and they always have everything in stock except for the logs from B&B.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:47 am

Dallas Area. I've looked in Lewisville and Frisco. Never had a hard time finding it before. It's not like they quit selling it either as there are still holes in the shelves marked for it.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:03 am

Sooner, now you get me curious - - - if the Wiffy will let me take a second while we're out today, I'll run in our Academy and see what they have in stock - - - it could very well just be in HIGH demand and therefore SHORT supply. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:03 am

I'd be curious how it looks in your neck of the woods. The ever so helpful gentleman at Academy on my last trip offered this answer to my question of why they don't have anything other than oak, "They just hadn't sent us any" :banghead:
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:13 pm

You can go on their website and order anything they carrry..sometimes with free shipping.
I ordered some 22cal ammo and got it with free shipping last week.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:49 pm

bsooner75 wrote:I'd be curious how it looks in your neck of the woods. The ever so helpful gentleman at Academy on my last trip offered this answer to my question of why they don't have anything other than oak, "They just hadn't sent us any" :banghead:

Check it out :roll: they were stocked with plenty of Hickory but NOTHING else :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Haha, I need to figure out what region has the Mesquite and work a trade!

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Academy website says not available on line and the store closest to me (which isn't close) with stock is…wait for it…wait for it…MESQUITE!!!! You can't make this stuff up!

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Don't know which leans the right way Shipping Cost OR Price of Fuel to go and get it. You could always justify the cost of the trip by eating at a K.A. BBQ or Seafood Joint. :laughing7: :D :lol:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Haha, I'll make due with Oak. But I need some Mesquite for proper burgers and steaks!

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Are you dead set on B & B Lump :?: They're not the only supplier are they :dont: :laughing7:

I personally don't like lump but I am going to try a bag of this and soon. :tup:
https://www.kingsford.com/products/100- ... CEZzACu.97
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Not dead set, they've just worked the best for me. Nice size to them and I haven't found any foreign objects.

I've seen the kingsford lump briquettes. Not saying I'd never but I'm trying to steer clear of products with binders in them. Mostly for smoking. I still grill with blue bag on occasion and use it to get my lump going in the smoker.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”