What's on today's menu?

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Re: What's on today's menu?

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi sailor, Kentucky derby was wet like I never seen before, I take my grand kids to the grand national race every year, it's the big jumps race of the year here. Horses are in my families blood, my son drove harness horses here for a while. I bred and raced a few as well. Great times, sorry for sidetrack.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:22 am

Yay Russ! I LOVE watching jump races.

This year's Derby track was wet, but nothing compared to American Pharoah's Preakness win. Other horses were going, Eww! Rain! Pharoah just laughed it off. His jock poured water from his boot after the race.

Tonight's menu...gonna try the leftover Russ Dust Chicken in a naan bread sammich, with maybe onyon, lettuce, mayo...should we add sour cream too?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:45 am

Mayo? Sour Cream? my Texas Taste Buds say "either or not both" :dont: Of course Pard probably has a "gimmeguchie sauce" just for Russ Dust Sammies. :laughing7:

Yo Sailor, I'm going to do some Chicken Breasts today but I'm using a different technique than the "slash" method - - - - I'm using the "smash" method aka tenderizing mallet prior to dredging in milk, egg and flour :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:03 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Mayo? Sour Cream? my Texas Taste Buds say "either or not both" :dont: Of course Pard probably has a "gimmeguchie sauce" just for Russ Dust Sammies. :laughing7:

Yo Sailor, I'm going to do some Chicken Breasts today but I'm using a different technique than the "slash" method - - - - I'm using the "smash" method aka tenderizing mallet prior to dredging in milk, egg and flour :laughing7: :D :lol:

That'll work. :D
Moink!
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Okay. What do we call this? A BLT (bacon lettuce tandoori) or a Naanwich? ;)

Stuck to mayo only, with shredded onion, lettuce, thin-sliced leftover Russ Dust Chicken and bacon. The only thing was, mine broke instead of bent when I tried to make a 'taco' out of it. PB wisely did not fold his.

Moink!
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:03 pm

It was avery good nanwich, ndeed!
:cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:15 pm

purdy plate and looks yummy :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:14 pm

When we go Indian I get a keema naan, it has minced spiey lamb in it. Wife prefers garlic naan. Anyways, looks good and can't beat a naan.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”