What's on today's menu?

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Re: What's on today's menu?

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Brûlée s are a fave here, they are cooling now, then before serving I put a bit of sugar on top,and use my torch and burn sugar to give a crunch when eating. Free range eggs too. The string is just to give it some type off shape. I normally stuff with sage and onion stuffing but I'm doing that separate this time. Easier with grand kids lining up,lol. Justin you should get stuff wed thurs?

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:06 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:OK, I'll s'hup now :tup: :salut:
well, maybe not :roll:
How long and what temp in Oven and are the strangs just to hold it together after boning or is it stuffed with sumptin ?

I slow cook on 130 Celsius for 5 hours, it melt in your mouth, this leg is farm reared and killed by a friend of the family. We were given it so tea will cost me about $10 for 10 people. Includes cauliflower broccoli cheese bake, my granddaughters fave, and roast tatters parsnip carrot and kumara. I love Sundays with my family. I'm very blessed.

Russ
Fooldancing
Rustler

Postby Fooldancing » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Man, that looks good Russ... Makes me want to strive to be better. Thanks for posting the pics....a friend of mine said about giving me some venison. That will be truly a fun one to do.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Kiwiruss wrote:I slow cook on 130 Celsius for 5 hours, it melt in your mouth, this leg is farm reared and killed by a friend of the family. We were given it so tea will cost me about $10 for 10 people. Includes cauliflower broccoli cheese bake, my granddaughters fave, and roast tatters parsnip carrot and kumara. I love Sundays with my family. I'm very blessed. Russ

thanks, Pard, glad you got to hang with the Family and you are correct - - - that's the best of the best - - - think I'll turn in early and dream of Food :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Fooldancing wrote:Man, that looks good Russ... Makes me want to strive to be better. Thanks for posting the pics....a friend of mine said about giving me some venison. That will be truly a fun one to do.

Would that be farmed venison or wild venison. The best venison I ever had was a mate from hokitika who has his own plane and flies to fiordland and shoots deer. He cooked steak over very very hot grate, it was beautiful. He said the secret was hot and quick.!!

Russ
Fooldancing
Rustler

Postby Fooldancing » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:14 pm

It would be wild

kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Fooldancing wrote:It would be wild

That's the best then IMHO. Take pics when you do it.

Russ
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:13 am

The said brûlée, even got the crack on the top via my blowtorch.

image.jpg

Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Russ
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:27 am

Correct me if I'm wrong , but am I the only one that sees a ( Hedgehog ) in that top pic above the broo lay ???
Lol
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:19 am

:D :lol: :laughing7: ouch it hurts to laugh that hard early in the morning :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:36 am

Picked up a couple of strips for the family and a grass fed ribeye for myself. Seasoned w/ SPG. Serves alongside some SPG potatoes and Brussel sprouts. Shrimp were hit w/ Meat Church Dia De Los Fajita.

Not bad…steak could've been a little more tender. Wish it had better marbling but I didn't have time to go to Costco and the selection at Tom Thumb was limited.

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SmokeNHops
Wrangler

Postby SmokeNHops » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 am

Got my first pork belly in the drum at seven. Basic seasoning and fat cap down. Gonna a take it to 190 internal or so, cube it, toss it in a 50:50 of homemade BBQ sauce:Apricot Preserves in a foil pan and make some pork belly burnt ends!
UDS - Not so ugly, but I may be biased ;)
Yoder YS640
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:40 am

SoonerMan, that is Surf and Turf in the Throw Down Class :tup: :salut: :cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:58 am

OldUsedParts wrote:that is my kinda link CD - - - did you make those or do they be store bought :?: Inquiring sausages junkies want to know :D

CD, never mind about the info - - - I finally looked at your earlier post and see that they were Elgin bred so that explains it all. Sure do look larapin also. :tup:
Fooldancing
Rustler

Postby Fooldancing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:11 am

They all look great to me. Have a great day everyone!

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”