What's on today's menu?

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: What's on today's menu?

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:13 am

Really can't classify this as smokehouse, but it was Belmont Day and we did a steak. It was NOT the loser and there was no couscous involved.

I had the winner, Tapwrit, a gray by Tapit. Earlier in the card, a world turf record at six furlongs was broken by another gray, Disco Partner.
Moink!
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:15 am

That right there ^^^^ looks perfectly cooked !!!
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:19 am

Thanks, WV.

But hey...you 'disappeared' again. :shock:
Moink!
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: What's on today's menu?

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Thanks, WV.

But hey...you 'disappeared' again. :shock:

We are experiencing​ technical difficulties,we will resume with our regular program as soon as possible......

Lol, I tried to change photos without following the 150×150 protocol.
I never, I repeat Never was good at following rules lol...

Seriously tho, I thought I had the new pic lined up, but it was just a bit to large so I'll look into it tonight. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:22 pm

No Triple Crown unless we're talking bout that plate of Winners rat-cher :cheers: Took the wiffy to Texas Roadhouse and had me a Dallas Filet with that same color and sides - - - - when the waitress asked me to check it to see if it was cooked right - - - I went "Mooooooo" when I cut into it and had I not had Sherry's walker hidden she would have gone to another table. :dont: Heck I thought it was funny and so did the Waitress :tup:

Speaking of Hosses and as an old Farrier, 90% of the time the Grays were better horses to work around - - - some say it's because of their black skin making them more durable to the elements - - - I know that's true with Canines so why not Equines.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Could be...all I know is, 'Never bet the gray favorite.' :lol:

Did more Russ Dust today, this time skinless boneless breast.

Look! No couscous. :P
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:35 pm

:tup: :salut: :cheers:

pssssst ?moisture? :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Hope everyone had a pleasant Weekend. I had me some deboned meat from my hot wangs yestiddy so I decided to have me some Sheeken Wang Tacos dis ennin. I had run outa Pico so I chopped up some maters, penners, green own-yawns and sprinkled some coriander (Russ dat's really Cilantro) plus a trickle of lime juice. Then I got out a couple of Guerrero soft corn torts that ChileFarmer had turned me onto several years ago. A grating of pepper jack and some dollops of sour cream and Supper wuz dun. I could have eaten 4 of these instead of 2 but I know what my sleep pattern would have been tonight. :shock:
IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG
Fooldancing
Rustler

Postby Fooldancing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Looks fantastic..

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 pm

That's a heck of an idea there with the wing meat OUP.

As far as you checking your steak it reminds me of going to a steakhouse with my Dad. The waitress would had how he liked his steak and he's respond "where a good vet could still save it" :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:28 pm

OldUsedParts wrote::tup: :salut: :cheers:

pssssst ?moisture? :dont:

Better than last time! Thanks in part, I think, to the 'slash' technique, and in other part to almost undercooking.

Torts look larapin' too. :salut:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:43 pm

bsooner75 wrote: "where a good vet could still save it" :)

I used to say "screaming and bleeding" but the Wiffy threatened "D" so I quit. :whiteflag:

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Better than last time! Thanks in part, I think, to the 'slash' technique, and in other part to almost undercooking.

thanks, what is slash tech ?
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Really can't classify this as smokehouse, but it was Belmont Day and we did a steak. It was NOT the loser and there was no couscous involved.

I had the winner, Tapwrit, a gray by Tapit. Earlier in the card, a world turf record at six furlongs was broken by another gray, Disco Partner.

I'm a racehorse guy as well, I also love the grays, we have a stallion doing good down here called guillotine , he's leaving lots of grays, my mate has a nice 2yo called sharp and silver. I've bred a few horses, even bred a group 1 winner. I follow American racing as well. Sorry for sidetrack, but loved your reference to the nags,lol.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:49 pm

We've been eating well this weekend with the steak and chicken (that I didn't overcook for once).
:chef:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:20 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
bsooner75 wrote: "where a good vet could still save it" :)

I used to say "screaming and bleeding" but the Wiffy threatened "D" so I quit. :whiteflag:

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Better than last time! Thanks in part, I think, to the 'slash' technique, and in other part to almost undercooking.

thanks, what is slash tech ?

I read it in a book: with chicken breast having a thick end and a thin end, you are supposed to be able to equalize it to cook evenly if you make deep cross-hatch cuts on both sides in the thick end. It seemed to work somewhat!

Russ: Ooooo....horses! Not a real deep crop of three-year olds this year, but we've been looking forward to Arrogate's return in the older horse division.
Moink!

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”