..........and shrimp

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: ..........and shrimp

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Same here and I can't imagine getting the Claw Meat done properly with the Tail Meat on the Grill. I'm sure there's a way but I'm just a Tail Gunner when it comes to Grilling them.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Never had a bad tail on the grill in foil and butter.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:59 pm

:tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:32 pm

JustinCouch wrote:LOOKS LIKE LOBSTER IS WINNING IN MY HOUSE. ANYBODY EVER GRILL THEM. THE ONES I HAVE EATEN IN RESTARAUNTS WERE TOUGH. SO I HOPE I CAN DO BETTER.

If a lobster is tough, it was overcooked. Just make sure it's not.
Moink!
SmokeNHops
Wrangler

Postby SmokeNHops » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Shrimp recipes... Takes me back to my P.S. days (pre-smoke ;) )...

I tend to take shrimp a Mexican route...

Quick marinade in oil, lime juice, cilantro, and mexican spices.
Skewer them and give them a couple min per side.
Mango salsa (equal parts rough chop mango, tomato, avocado and season with lime/spice).
your favorite cole slaw.
Toast some tortillas to your preference (corn or flour),

I usually round out that meal with some cilantro-lime rice and another fresh pico. If we don't feel like tacos, we do the same preparation but after cooking we give the shrimp/salsa a rough chop and stuff hollowed out avocados with the mixture.

Also make sure you've got the fixin's for your favorite micheladas or margaritas (bonus points for both).
UDS - Not so ugly, but I may be biased ;)
Yoder YS640
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:50 pm

SmokeNHops wrote:Shrimp recipes... Takes me back to my P.S. days (pre-smoke ;) )...

I tend to take shrimp a Mexican route...

Quick marinade in oil, lime juice, cilantro, and mexican spices.
Skewer them and give them a couple min per side.
Mango salsa (equal parts rough chop mango, tomato, avocado and season with lime/spice).
your favorite cole slaw.
Toast some tortillas to your preference (corn or flour),

I usually round out that meal with some cilantro-lime rice and another fresh pico. If we don't feel like tacos, we do the same preparation but after cooking we give the shrimp/salsa a rough chop and stuff hollowed out avocados with the mixture.

Also make sure you've got the fixin's for your favorite micheladas or margaritas (bonus points for both).

Oooo...like a variation on Shrimp Louis. I ate that all the time when we lived in CA.
Moink!
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:12 pm

rest at ease wv. just gonna cook the tails. I went to wally world on my lunch break and found two ribeyes that were going on sale. they both had good fat grain but both had 1 big fat round in each. no prob for me. they will make goooooood tacos.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Maybe you could take a cooler when you go to pick them up and the Market could do the euthanization (sp) for you - - - then pop them in cold storage for the trip home :dont:

You should have seen my Family ('specially the G-babies) the first time I purged and chunked a hand full of live mud bugs in that boiling stew pot. I instantly became the meanest man on the planet but they got over it once they started peeling and eating.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:46 pm

OK, Juice-Tone, I called my Lobster Lady in Minnesota and she said to just take the live Lobsters and put them in the Freezer and they will slowly and painlessly go to sleep and then be ready for Grilling after they thaw a little bit. :dont: :idea:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”