Best Brisket?

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

BIG BOY BBQ
Pilgrim

Best Brisket?

Postby BIG BOY BBQ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:03 am

Having a BBQ on Friday and we planning to smoke brisket over night to have in the morning ( for approx 8/9 hours) any advise?
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: Best Brisket?

Postby Txdragon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:19 am

Welcome to the forum! Can't see a post count on my phone, so not sure if this is your first or not. I'm using powers of deduction here (you're ranked Pilgrim, and you're asking a question like this).

What are you cooking it On; Stick burner, propane? What fuel for stick burner; charcoal, wood? Charcoal; briquettes or lump?

Overnight is good IF, and I stress IF you trust your cooker to hold temp. 8 or 9 hours is good for hot and fast; 260-325 range. I don't recommend cooking so fast without wrapping though, so it won't be totally set and forget. You've gotta really trust your cooker for a task like this. And if you don't trust it, you've gotta help it along. Anywho.. Whatcha cooking this on?
(Insert witty signature here)
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:23 am

Back up your start time enough to allow 12/14 hours cook time and still have it ready the next morning...
Cook it at 275, wrap it after 6 hours and and lower cook temp to 225 till it hits 200 internal then (if time allows) hold it at 180 in the oven or an ice chest for as long as you can manage to let it get more tender.
BIG BOY BBQ
Pilgrim

Postby BIG BOY BBQ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:55 am

Yes @txdragon this is my first ever post. We are going too be cooking it over charcoal and should be able to cooking at around the same temperature throughout, however I am kinda new only having done sausages and burgers in the past. Are there any YouTube videos, or general advise for an amateur like my self when it comes to cooking brisket?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:13 am

there are "zillions" of Videos out there just Google "cooking a brisket on a (insert the kind of pit you're using)" - - - - good luck :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”