Going shopping

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Going shopping

Postby outlaw » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Txdragon wrote:
outlaw wrote:
Txdragon wrote:It all turned out looking wonderful! As for the back of the bones, that same membrane on beef is a bit of trouble. It is just like the pork bones, but tougher. Lol! As for removal, you can remove it BUT note that most times, it will result in the bones falling off when they are cooked. I've had zero luck in the department of presentation when I pull that membrane pre cook.

Yeah, it was really difficult to pull off. I used the old paper towel trick for traction and it was still a chore. Are they ok if you don't remove it? I'm not really concerned about presentation except for people making fun of me here. :oops: :oops: I do like the idea of getting the rub into the meat from the back tho.

They're certainly ok with it on. I like that part myself. For that dastardly deed of removing it, you can score it instead. (It's what I do!!) You get the best of 2 worlds here: membrane on for bone chewers like me, and scoring allows rub to get through! ;)

Great idea. Thank you
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
geedawg USER_AVATAR
GeeDawg
Pilgrim

Postby GeeDawg » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Great pics. Now I'm starving! I've got to find a store here that'll beef ribs with that much meat. All the ones I've seen here are anorexic. Nice cook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:08 am

GeeDawg wrote:Great pics. Now I'm starving! I've got to find a store here that'll beef ribs with that much meat. All the ones I've seen here are anorexic. Nice cook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most grocery stores won't have them unless they have a dedicated butcher counter. Only then you have a chance. Otherwise, straight up meat market/butcher shop. Ask for plate ribs or chuck shorts.
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”