Future Funeral Fixins

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Future Funeral Fixins

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:09 am

outlaw wrote:The offer stands. I really question the wisdom of BBQ at all for this occasion. Dress clothes and Q are rarely a good combination. Hopefully saner minds will prevail.

Thanks again :salut: and I am getting in that frame of mind more and more. A double batch of Shrimp Marinade should gather a crowd and the only thing I have to worry about is them running out of toothpicks :laughing7: :D :lol: Maybe a Sock-it-to-me Cake since it's David's favorite??
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:28 am

prayers and kind thoughts your direction ole buddie....
I did a funeral once with pork butt, a few hours in the smoke (4or5) and finish in the oven, hamburger buns and sauce and let them pick what they want out of it....
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:54 pm

the shrimp sounds like a good plan. You got enough on your plate to deal with right now.
What ever you decide I'm sure your family and friends will appreciate it.

Take care buddy.

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:18 pm

thanks, Pals, I just spoke with David and he agreed that me trying to Reeb it just wasn't a good idea - - - So I'm gonna fix the marinade, granny crackers and what David calls his favorite cake "Drippy Cake" - - - thanks for everything, Y'all :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
texmike USER_AVATAR
TexMike
Cowboy

Postby TexMike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:49 pm

I think you make a wise choice. God Bless.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:17 am

bondobill wrote:the shrimp sounds like a good plan. You got enough on your plate to deal with right now.
What ever you decide I'm sure your family and friends will appreciate it.

Take care buddy.

Bill

Amen.
Moink!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Hope it goes as well as it can Emm. Thoughts with you guys.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:29 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, Pals, I just spoke with David and he agreed that me trying to Reeb it just wasn't a good idea - - - So I'm gonna fix the marinade, granny crackers and what David calls his favorite cake "Drippy Cake" - - - thanks for everything, Y'all :salut:

Is this something you have made before? :?: :?: Something along the lines of a scampi? 8) 8) Please tell me it isn't a civiche? :angryfire: :angryfire:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 am

It's a stand around the bowl toothpick food.
Here ya go, Pal.
SHRIMP MARINADE

1. You can use a large bag of cooked cocktail shrimp or you can cook 5 # shrimp just until no longer translucent (Don’t cook too long). Drain and sprinkle with lemon juice. Cool.

2. Mix 4 tbs. vinegar with 2 tbs. sugar. Add to shrimp.

3. Add 1 can nacho jalapenos and 1 bottle cocktail (pearl) onions – DO NOT DRAIN JUICE
Now here's where I differ with Mz. Hill - - - I would drain the juice from the jalapenos and onions but that's just me. We kept some leftovers which I ate on for several days and the pickling liquid got a little strong towards the end. However, I did not notice it at the Gathering that day.

4. Add 1 – 16 oz. KRAFT Italian Dressing ( I usually use almost 2 bottles – Zesty Italian is good)

5. Add 1 large bay leaf, 1 tall jar of black olives, 1 jar green olives (stuffed), 1 large can Del Monte carrots and 1 small can Del Monte carrots (only Del Monte will do according to Mz J. L. Hill) :dont: DRAIN CANS WELL BEFORE ADDING THESE TO REMAINING INGREDIENTS. You may wish to add small crab claws for extra seafood.

Marinate in Frig at least 24 hours – stir several times during the 24 hours. Keep well chilled until serving and refrigerate leftovers.
IMG_0006.JPG

NOTE: Lately I have been substituting this Italian Mix in place of the carrots and I really like it better.
IMG_0029.JPG
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:26 am

That looks great, I have to agree on draining liquids. I may have to try something like this. I already see an Outlaw change tho. That cries for Ranch powder to me.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:36 am

You picked the right road Emm!
I'm sure everyone will appreciate what you've done. As for that Jar- Dinn- Aye........
Ain't it awesome ? Last place i drove for had an account that would go thru a case of this stuff EVERY WEEK.

A case was ( 4 ) One Gallon glass jars... He used it from salads to fried chicken dishes !

I love it, it's good stuff.

Oh, btw... You can get this stuff in the ( hot ) version if you hit an Italian specialty store. Pickled too...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:08 am

You bet, Dudes, it's one of the best Eatable Conversation Pieces I've ever seen :tup:
Around my Family, it will gather a crowd - - - all with wooden swords in the paws. :laughing7:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 am

woodenvisions wrote:I love it, it's good stuff. Oh, btw... You can get this stuff in the ( hot ) version if you hit an Italian specialty store. Pickled too...

Thanks, PocoPal, I'll sure keep my peepers out for the Hot Version and speaking of Spicy - - - the whole green peppers that are in the stuff I use NEVER MAKE IT TO the Marinade bowl. For some reason they all just disappear :dont: Have a great week, Y'all :tup:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”