new smoker round 2

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: new smoker round 2

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:05 pm

hard to go wrong or mess up with Oink - - - - dat Pork Butt that some have suggested might just be the ticket - - - - Good Luck :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:16 am

bummer. I just got the price of the beef plate ribs and I cant afford it. looks like it will be steak or something else for this weekend. at least if found out where I can get them. to bad they would not open them up and sell me half the cryovac pack.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:06 pm

the few times that I have done them, I had the butcher cut me whatever number I wanted but they were still pricey :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:31 pm

This may sound crazy, but I'm not good with being PC when it comes to the usual way of cooking/grilling.

Grab urself a good sized London Broil ( yes, I know it's a way of cooking ) and hit it with either the mustard or olive oil first. Then ur rub of choice. I like coarse black pepper/salt or even SB's Brisket Rub. Hickory or Pecan I've used, but Pecan isnt as strong so that's up to your preference.

Get urself a water pan and go about 225 or so till u get around 110 internal and either butcher paper or foil till about 130 or so, then lay some butter slabs on top and let rest for a bit.

It's a cheap cut, and can be really good if you slice it the right way.

Just a thought, good luck man.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”