Smoked Andouile & Sweet Italian Sausage

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Smoked Andouile & Sweet Italian Sausage

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:01 pm

So it's been YEARS since I've had Stuffed Shells, and forever it seems since I've made some.
I'm thinking Stuffed Shells with SIS and Andouile in the near future...

Had the lump and wood hot already, so might as well do it tonight :P
ImageImageImage
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Smoked Andouile $ Sweet Italian Sausage

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:09 pm

da boy beez on'a roooooolllllllll :tup: :salut:

what da heck are ?shells?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:39 pm

Pasta shells in a sauce? Sausages look amazing, and I know they would be better. Great camera work too, how often you clean the lens,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Smoked Andouile $ Sweet Italian Sausage

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:40 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:da boy beez on'a roooooolllllllll :tup: :salut:

what da heck are ?shells?
Sorry Emm,
Sometimes I forget that there might be difference in the cooking culture between the states.
Shells are a pasta, shaped like a shell .
They are really good, and filling. Usually made with ricotta cheese and served in a bed of sauce.
Parsley and Oregano are usually part of the process as well.
Lots of good Italian variations.

They look something like these.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:03 pm

Your mention of shells, I knew exactly what you meant. Emm needs to get out a bit,lol :lol: :shock: :deadhorse: :whiteflag:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Russ wrote:Your mention of shells, I knew exactly what you meant. Emm needs to get out a bit,lol :lol: :shock: :deadhorse: :whiteflag:

Russ
Lol Russ !!

Nah, I'll give him a pass ( just this once ). I don't think he's a big ( Italian food kinda guy ) which is ok, it's not for everyone :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You like Shells or Manicotti ??

Or as some might say... Manigotttttt...
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:37 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
Russ wrote:Your mention of shells, I knew exactly what you meant. Emm needs to get out a bit,lol :lol: :shock: :deadhorse: :whiteflag:

Russ
Lol Russ !!

Nah, I'll give him a pass ( just this once ). I don't think he's a big ( Italian food kinda guy ) which is ok, it's not for everyone :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Used shells about 5 years ago, I do a pretty good smoked chicken and mushroom fettuccine . I like the spirals as well. I was kidding about emm,, he's taught me a lot.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Smoked Andouile $ Sweet Italian Sausage

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:43 am

Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="Russ"]Your mention of shells, I knew exactly what you meant. Emm needs to get out a bit,lol :lol: :shock: :deadhorse: :whiteflag:

Russ
Lol Russ !!

Or as some might say... Manigotttttt...[/quote]

Used shells about 5 years ago, I do a pretty good smoked chicken and mushroom fettuccine . I like the spirals as well. I was kidding about emm,, he's taught me a lot.

Russ[/quote]Mind sharing ur recipe ?
That sounds like a good dinner and soon, thanks.
.About Emm, I knew u we're, yup he's been a good teacher to all of us a time or 10 :mrgreen:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Smoked Andouile & Sweet Italian Sausage

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:39 am

with high mileage, sometimes it takes a little longer to pull that "grade" but I'll get it eventually - - - altho I have to admit that the 'Talian Cuisine is one thing that I never was exposed to except for Mom's Pus'Skettie and the Local Pizza Pie Joint in town :dont: tomato sauce is another thing that I've never gotten into using, ALTHO, I duz like my Pico and Salsa but that's another story all together :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Smoked Andouile $ Sweet Italian Sausage

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:54 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="Russ"]Your mention of shells, I knew exactly what you meant. Emm needs to get out a bit,lol :lol: :shock: :deadhorse: :whiteflag:

Russ
Lol Russ !!

Russ[/quote]Mind sharing ur recipe ?
That sounds like a good dinner and soon, thanks.
.About Emm, I knew u we're, yup he's been a good teacher to all of us a time or 10 :mrgreen:[/quote]

I pm you Wv.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:00 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:with high mileage, sometimes it takes a little longer to pull that "grade" but I'll get it eventually - - - altho I have to admit that the 'Talian Cuisine is one thing that I never was exposed to except for Mom's Pus'Skettie and the Local Pizza Pie Joint in town :dont: tomato sauce is another thing that I've never gotten into using, ALTHO, I duz like my Pico and Salsa but that's another story all together :laughing7:

Emm, I was tongue in cheek, lol, you are the master, my late mum was old school, we grew up with cheap foods, I still love those same foods btw. We used to get 3 veges and meat most nights, veges were boiled to smithereens,lol. I did a cooking clas in high school, compulsary. That started me on my journey of cooking, and pleasing family and friends. I'm playing with Thai flavours ATM. But good with Indian, not the Cherokee type, Italian, Thai, Chinese. Gotta keep 1 step ahead of the kids tastes buds,lol. They always expect summit nice.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Pard, I don't ever get upset with Y'alls ribbin - - - - keeps me on my tippies :tup: :salut: One thing that I have noticed however, my taste buds have certainly changed over the years - - - believe it or not I use to hoard the thighs and legs of Mom's chicken and Worst Ever Sauce was a staple as well but somehow things just gradually changed. :dont:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”