Smokin in 6" of Snow :):)

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Smokin in 6" of Snow :):)

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:11 pm

So we're getting our first run of snow up here on the mountain. We're at about 6" as of now but it's tapering off. Attempted to hit ShopRite a few hours ago to grab a few things for the week, but turned back after watching 3 people in the ditch attempting to go down the hill. Went to get out to help this one lady that was stuck, but when I put the car in park and it decided to ignore me, I figured it wasn't worth the risk , especially with the wifey and little guy in the car.
So, back home we went ( 5 ) min away and pulled out some Bone in thighs. Pulled the cover off of the Akorn, sweeped a spot to stand and was good to go. Last year I was out on the deck in 2 feet of snow, love to cook, grill, smoke, griddle all thru the winter. Grabbed some SB Pecan and SB SPG and dusted them and on the Akorn with Apple Chunks for smoke they went.
About 30 minutes in, went to 450 for 5 minutes each side and then finished with some SB Honey BBQ.

Absolutely delicious !!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Re: Smokin in 6

Postby bobcat1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Perfection!
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:36 pm

:salut:

Those look gooooood, WV! A couple years back, we quit snow-cooking. :|
Moink!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Amazing colour, is the baste sucklebusters chipotle? That's what I'm picking. And GREAT pics, I've gotta get a camera. I just use my phone.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:04 pm

Dat rat cheer is what we call BaaaaaaaBeeeeeeeeQuuuuuuuueeee or ELSE - - - looks good Pal :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Smokin in 6

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm

bobcat1 wrote:Perfection!
Appreciate that bc1,
Not sure if you've had any of the Sucklebusters line up , but if not, ur missing out.
My favorite combo is probably this Pecan rub with either this Honey BBQ or the Peach. The Chipotle is awesome as well.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote::salut:

Those look gooooood, WV! A couple years back, we quit snow-cooking. :|
Thanks Sailor, they were outstanding from what the wifey tells me, lol.
Yeah, I know the snow and cold puts a damper on things like this.
I happen to like the snow, especially at night over a hot bed of coals or lump with a good hot coffee !

I also drive with the heat on and windows cracked in the winter, so I guess I'm weird like that, lol :)
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Russ wrote:Amazing colour, is the baste sucklebusters chipotle? That's what I'm picking. And GREAT pics, I've gotta get a camera. I just use my phone.

Russ
Appreciate that Russbro,

It's actually Sucklebusters Honey BBQ. It's the wife's favorite,and a few days ago for work I happened to be in ( Washington Crossings ) Pa and the next town over is a cool little town called New Hope Pa. I remembered 2 years ago that a small mom and pop spice store called Rivers Edge Spice Company carried some of the Sucklebusters line so I popped in and grabbed some goodies for this weekend.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:22 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Dat rat cheer is what we call BaaaaaaaBeeeeeeeeQuuuuuuuueeee or ELSE - - - looks good Pal :tup: :salut: :cheers:
Yes sir Emm,
We don't take any prisoners up here in Yankyland Pa. :):):)
Snow and rain won't deter me, always up for some good grub, just gotta improvise sometimes.
Thanks pal, we both had smiles when we chowed down, so I guess it was a hit :).
Tomorrow, little ( big ) britches will get to have some as he was sleeping earlier. Hopefully he acquires a taste for these things soon. He totally anihalates any type of Pasta, Strawberries, Bananas and Cheese, lol.....
As for BBQ, he's not down with that yet but he's still a little guy so we'll give him time. If he's not eating ribs, steak or Seafood by the time he's 3, we're gonna have to kick him out :):):)lol
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 am

woodenvisions wrote:
bobcat1 wrote:Perfection!
Appreciate that bc1,
Not sure if you've had any of the Sucklebusters line up , but if not, ur missing out.
My favorite combo is probably this Pecan rub with either this Honey BBQ or the Peach. The Chipotle is awesome as well.

I only use the Pecan and Peach and use it on everything. My favorite!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Smokin in 6

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:56 am

bobcat1 wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="bobcat1"]Perfection!
Appreciate that bc1,
My favorite combo is probably this Pecan rub with either this Honey BBQ or the Peach. The Chipotle is awesome as well.[/quote]
I only use the Pecan and Peach and use it on everything. My favorite![/quote]Oh, ok.
That's definitely a great combo !
If you like a good chicken stir fry with bell peppers, that sauce is killer on that ! I like to turn the heat super high in the end to caramelize the sauce, gives it a unique flavor.
Good stuff for sure !

I bet you can't wait for that beautiful little guy to get his chompers in so you and him can share some good Q :):)...
Love reading these updates on how he is progressing. He's really touched us all on here, makes us all want to better ourselves because he's very inspiring :):):)
Tomorrow, I'll have a toast to lil Hudson while I'm tipping a few back !
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:05 am

woodenvisions wrote:
Russ wrote:Amazing colour, is the baste sucklebusters chipotle? That's what I'm picking. And GREAT pics, I've gotta get a camera. I just use my phone.

Russ
Appreciate that Russbro,

It's actually Sucklebusters Honey BBQ. It's the wife's favorite,and a few days ago for work I happened to be in ( Washington Crossings ) Pa and the next town over is a cool little town called New Hope Pa. I remembered 2 years ago that a small mom and pop spice store called Rivers Edge Spice Company carried some of the Sucklebusters line so I popped in and grabbed some goodies for this weekend.

Cheers, I too only support the wee guy as well, 2 person stores, I actually have conversations with these guys and ask for tips on cooking as well. Never stop learning.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Smokin in 6

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:15 am

Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="Russ"]Amazing colour, is the baste sucklebusters chipotle? That's what I'm picking. And GREAT pics, I've gotta get a camera. I just use my phone.

Russ
Appreciate that Russbro,

It's actually Sucklebusters Honey BBQ. It's the wife's favorite,and a few days ago for work I happened to be in ( Washington Crossings ) Pa and the next town over is a cool little town called New Hope Pa. I remembered 2 years ago that a small mom and pop spice store called Rivers Edge Spice Company carried some of the Sucklebusters line so I popped in and grabbed some goodies for this weekend.[/quote]

Cheers, I too only support the wee guy as well, 2 person stores, I actually have conversations with these guys and ask for tips on cooking as well. Never stop learning.

Russ[/quote]It's what it's all about right ?
Cheers bro :):)
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:22 am

Amazing as always. :cheers: :cheers: Such nice color. :salut: :salut: On the camera deal, the first cruise we took we got a nice camera that we spent a lot of money on (to us anyway) only to find out that later that year phones had as good a camera as ours was. :dont: :dont: To be honest, I need a camera that follows the KISS principle cuz all those different settings and such just confuse me. :oops: :oops: I think that is what keeps me from posting anymore pictures here than I do. The competition is too strong. :D :D
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:53 am

Those look great !!! :cheers: :cheers:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”