Smokin in 6" of Snow :):)

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Smokin in 6

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:20 am

outlaw wrote:Amazing as always. :cheers: :cheers: Such nice color. :salut: :salut: On the camera deal, the first cruise we took we got a nice camera that we spent a lot of money on (to us anyway) only to find out that later that year phones had as good a camera as ours was. :dont: :dont: To be honest, I need a camera that follows the KISS principle cuz all those different settings and such just confuse me. :oops: :oops: I think that is what keeps me from posting anymore pictures here than I do. The competition is too strong. :D :D
Outlaw,
Thanks brother, we're definitely happy with the results. The ( color ) I owe to the sauce once it Caramelized.As for ( competition ), I never really think of it that way. I just like to contribute what I can. I see ALOT of pics on here that makes me slobber like a Mastiff so I understand what you say about the presentation. Dude, you shouldn't let that hold you back man, post away. We can all use ur addition to eye candy on here. Camera wise, I Never ever used to use this camera till about 2 years ago. I used to use my cell phone which had an amazing lens on it. It was an LG V10 and I bought it for 1 reason. I needed to snap pics and load to our business site along with ( windows Microsoft Word/Excell etc etc.. and that particular phone was meant for running a business on the go.
It just happened to have an insane camera in board. Well, 2 years ago on vacation in Maine, I was sitting outside the patio ( 20 ft ) from the beach looking at the sunrise over the ocean drinking a cup of joe and I knocked the phone off of the chair and shatter the glass. We had beer, clams, scallops, shrimp, and lobstah to make up for the mishap :):) lolol !

Anyways, I started using the Nikon I bought for my wife. We used it mainly for our listings on our website like this.

I shoot the food pics, then wifi it to my current phone and post thru Tapatalk. Our desktop computer isn't working too well so I don't even bother with it.

Unfortunately, the file quality is too much for Tapatalk, so I must ( crop ) every pic before I can upload it to the forum. If I didn't have to do that, the pics would be even better but I'm just happy I can post.

Don't stress about ( all of those settings ).
My wife is the same way. If ur uncomfortable with all of that, just throw it on ( auto ).
It's a preset reference that does everything for you. Just point and shoot.
Either way man, send some pics, we'd all love to see some fine grub from ya :)Image
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 am

Williep wrote:Those look great !!! :cheers: :cheers:
Thank you much Sir !
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Smokin in 6

Postby outlaw » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 am

Auto for you maybe WV, but not for me. I buy and sell very high end pool cues and need to take great pictures for posting them. I'll lay them all out, use a proper background, take this pics with what I see in the screen, but actual pics are something all together different. Just some examples
Attachments
12948336_10206061468486980_1149030654_o.jpg
12919355_10206061468886990_1040436794_o.jpg
12914948_10206061468286975_780775361_o.jpg
12696752_10153936560784834_246790074_o.jpg
12071618_10153669541576252_2026704825_n.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:01 am

outlaw wrote:Auto for you maybe WV, but not for me. I buy and sell very high end pool cues and need to take great pictures for posting them. I'll lay them all out, use a proper background, take this pics with what I see in the screen, but actual pics are something all together different. Just some examples
Those are beautiful man !!!

I can definitely appreciate the workmanship I'm seeing right here..

Oh, all I meant was that for ( some ) of us, the ( auto ) function works well.
As for professional pics, yes, we definitely need to use the manual adjustments.
Have you thought about using a ( light box ) for your cues ??
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:12 am

No, I wouldn't even begin to know how, what,etc. So far I have been able to muddle it through, but for example if a collector wants really fine detail pics I spend hrs trying to get them without glare, shadows. Like the last cue pic, I bought it in Singapore and sold it in Quatar so I assume all risk if it isn't just what I described. These guys can get really picky when they are spending that kind of money.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:33 am

outlaw wrote:No, I wouldn't even begin to know how, what,etc. So far I have been able to muddle it through, but for example if a collector wants really fine detail pics I spend hrs trying to get them without glare, shadows. Like the last cue pic, I bought it in Singapore and sold it in Quatar so I assume all risk if it isn't just what I described. These guys can get really picky when they are spending that kind of money.
Yeah, ur in a sketchy position with that. We need to do the very same thing with our rings. If the ( white balance ) is off, you will get a completely different picture than the actual subject. It's very trying to get the stars to line up, so I understand ur situation.
Can I ask what camera and model ur using ?
Believe it or not, I might be able to help you set ur white balance.
Truth is, that setting is the Most Important. It's the starting point.
Also, if you need close up pics, I mean so close you can distinguish hair follicles for detail, search ( lens extenders ).
They are the affordable version of a good macro lens and work just as good if not better.
Wood grain detail is important to you in pool cue detail I'm sure ?
These will get so close, they will break down ( dust or lint ) particles...

As for the light box, it's usually a cube made from fabric, usually white. You put ur subject inside it and it isolates any outside light and glare. It usually comes with black fabric inserts if u want a black background.
It comes with 2 small lights and mini tripods so u can focus the light where u want it on the subject without glare.

This way, u can put ur camera on a tripod and get the best pic possible.

I know it sounds overwhelming, but it's really not. Our business depends on 3 things. Our ring quality/customer service and marketing pictures. I'm sure you are in the same boat.
The offer is there ok bro .?
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:48 am

Great looking thighs, WV. :chef:

We got lucky here and only had a little bit of snow.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:49 am

Fugi FinePix S8000. It's only 8 megapixel, but that was pretty good when we bought it.
Attachments
20171210_104349.jpg
20171210_104337.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:54 am

Professor Bunky wrote:Great looking thighs, WV. :chef:

We got lucky here and only had a little bit of snow.
I've been told that before a time or two..
Oh, you mean the chicken thighs, lmao.... couldn't resist lol.

Thanks PB, we're actually finishing them off at this Exact moment. Getting ready to take the little guy out to go find and chop down a Christmas Tree :) Hopefully get it set up and decorated with his train around it by tomorrow :):)
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:57 am

My best friend is obsessed with estate sales and we see cameras all the time for next to nothing. I just wouldnt know what to buy. Has to be digital for me, the film type just is out of my comfort zone.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:24 pm

outlaw wrote:My best friend is obsessed with estate sales and we see cameras all the time for next to nothing. I just wouldnt know what to buy. Has to be digital for me, the film type just is out of my comfort zone.
I'll look into ur camera adjustments to see how I can help. As for a good camera, you can't go wrong with either a Canon or Nikon imho.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:15 pm

outlaw wrote:Amazing as always. :cheers: :cheers: Such nice color. :salut: :salut: On the camera deal, the first cruise we took we got a nice camera that we spent a lot of money on (to us anyway) only to find out that later that year phones had as good a camera as ours was. :dont: :dont: To be honest, I need a camera that follows the KISS principle cuz all those different settings and such just confuse me. :oops: :oops: I think that is what keeps me from posting anymore pictures here than I do. The competition is too strong. :D :D

I too bought a flash digital camera about 4 years ago, my wife says it's too complicated for me, so she has it somewhere,lol. I just use my S8 Samsung. Works for me.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Smokin in 6

Postby bobcat1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:24 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
bobcat1 wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="bobcat1"]Perfection!
Appreciate that bc1,
Not sure if you've had any of the Sucklebusters line up , but if not, ur missing out.
My favorite combo is probably this Pecan rub with either this Honey BBQ or the Peach. The Chipotle is awesome as well.

I only use the Pecan and Peach and use it on everything. My favorite![/quote]Oh, ok.
That's definitely a great combo !
If you like a good chicken stir fry with bell peppers, that sauce is killer on that ! I like to turn the heat super high in the end to caramelize the sauce, gives it a unique flavor.
Good stuff for sure !

I bet you can't wait for that beautiful little guy to get his chompers in so you and him can share some good Q :):)...
Love reading these updates on how he is progressing. He's really touched us all on here, makes us all want to better ourselves because he's very inspiring :):):)
Tomorrow, I'll have a toast to lil Hudson while I'm tipping a few back ![/quote]
Nice! I'll join you in a few!
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:12 pm

get'er done
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw