Friday's lunch

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bondobill
Outlaw

Friday's lunch

Postby bondobill » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:33 am

Smoked up a brisket for my crew at the shop.
I picked up a choice grade #13 at my local grocer. I've only ever done Costco primes before.

Threw the brisket in the pellet at 8:30 pm on Thrusday. Set the temp at 210 and let it roll all night. At 6:00 am Friday I cranked temp up to 225. It hit the stall at about the 12 hour mark. Tinned it then and it probed tender at 202 at 1030 am.

It turned out pretty good and was kinda nice not having to deal with all the fat that the Costco primes have.

Got a question :?: I want to make up some burnt ends with what's left over from this brisket and another smoked point I have in the freezer. What's a good sauce to use for burnt ends. :?:
I've only done burnt ends once before and the sauce I used was too sweet. It just didn't go well with the beef. :whiteflag:

Yesterday's lunch

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks
Bill :cheers:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Friday's lunch

Postby outlaw » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:52 am

I love a mixture of Stubbs original with some Woody's Cooking sauce to even it out. Neither are sweet.

https://express.google.com/product/1783 ... aQodNMMGmg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Woody-39-s-B ... 3=&veh=sem
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:20 pm

I did mine with Meat Mitch Whomp Sauce. It’s a KC style sauce so it has some sweet heat. Bad part is I can only find it at Buccees. Freight kills me on having it shipped.

If you don’t want the sweet you could try Head Country. I’ve found it at Tom Thumb and I think WalMart carries it.

If you want a touch of sweet mix head country w/ Sucklebusters honeybor sweet baby rays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Oh and I’m sending in an application :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Don't pay any attention to Sooner, my application is being Pony Expressed and should be there next year some time. :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks yall :D
My first try at burnt ends was a failure. :(

I got to thinking and then remembered my kids gave me a bottle of BBQ sauce for Christmas. Opened up the bottle and did the finger test. Yea its got some sweet but also has some heat, pretty darn good. nice and thick so it should stick to the meat. Thinking I'm going to try this stuff on one batch of ends. If it don't work I can at least blame it on my kids :laughing7:

IMG_5680.JPG

I tried Gators Mustard BBQ sauce for the first time last week. I'm liking it. :D May try it on the other batch of burnt ends.

Bill

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”