Keto experiment day one

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Keto experiment day one

Postby JustinCouch » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:50 am

I know its only a few hours into the new year but I just had my first keto breakfast. Egg muffins. Eggs heavy cream cheese and smoked sausage. Very good. Maybe this won't be as bad as I feared. Also woke it to 16 degrees and a frozen water well
Attachments
20180101_104542.jpg
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Re: Keto experiment day one

Postby JustinCouch » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:07 pm

Keto experiment 2
Bell pepper onion and cream cheese burgers. Made them big to have lunch tomorrow.
Attachments
20180101_190237.jpg
20180101_190243.jpg
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: Keto experiment day one

Postby Txdragon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Some time back, I was a dietary and surgical consultant for a bariatric surgeon in Arlington. The keto diet was mentioned by many people LONG before it became a fad, and it was something that I told all our patients to avoid like the plague. It is used in epileptic patients that don't respond well with medications. Use this diet with caution. Is it a diet that would help lose weight? Sure, it can, but not without major risk. Ketoacidosis is a condition that you MAJORLY risk here, which is what the diet is designed to stimulate. Anyone on the board here who may be diabetic that has ever had a BG of 400+ for an extended period of time would probably tell you that DKA is not fun. I don't mean to scare you away from a personal goal or anything. I'd be more than happy to point you in a more positive direction on some dietary advise if you'd like, just shoot me a PM!
On another note, these offerings you posted do look tasty!
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”