Grilles country style ribs.

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Grilles country style ribs.

Postby JustinCouch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:49 pm

I have some country style ribs at home and I am trying to figure out what to do with them. I can't do ribs and rice, and the weather is not going to allow a slow cook. Has anyone grilled these with them not being to tough?
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Grilles country style ribs.

Postby outlaw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Crock pot, or in the oven low and slow and they will fall apart.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Are they good without BBQ sauce? In still trying to find a sugar free BBQ sauce.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:02 pm

The only way I cook CSR's is on the grill with indirect heat on the kettle.
Run the grill around 275° 300° put the CSR's on the opposite side of the kettle from the coals and cook for 30 minutes then flip. Cook for another 30 minutes then place in a foil wrap covered in sauce and wrap tight. Cook for another 1.5 hours and they should be near fork tender.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Was at my sons yesterday, he had been to local butcher and bought marinaded ribs, he said he cooked in oven, he said it was a big hit with his 2 boys. He normally buys 1 or 2 kms for me to cook for him and I and my daughter. But they weren't on special. Ribs here are $16 kg but when on special only $8 so it's a big saving. He didn't know what marinade was, possibly soy?
Give it a go Justin.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Grilling works well as mentioned but if the weather is messing with you then you might like the BBQ Pit Boys Recipe with BBQ Sauce - - - I have done this several times with great success and you "can" use your oven if needed. Good Luck :tup: :salut:

http://bbqpitboys.com/bbq-sauce-country-style/
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 pm

If I can't go outside, they go in the slow cooker for 5 to 6 hrs on low with Birch or Root Beer and Brown Sugar.

Then sauced and under the broiler for 5 min each side.

Adding thin slices of lemons during the slow cooker time gives them a nice mild twist to them as well.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:30 am

I know this is a BBQ forum but one of my favorite ways to prepare CSR is in the crock pot. I'll sear them off in a skillet first then throw in a couple cans of Cream of Mushroom soup and a package of dry Liptons onion soup mix, some mushrooms, fresh onion and let it rock on high for 5-6 hrs. Serve over either rice or egg noodles with a big heaping spoon of Outlaw salsa on top.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:41 am

Outlaw has a good point there because the meat from Country Style Ribs (boneless especially) is perfect for that kind of crock pot dish - - I have even used them in the crock pot with small taters, carrots, own-yawns and peppers for a dish similar to Roast and Veggies :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:50 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Outlaw has a good point there because the meat from Country Style Ribs (boneless especially) is perfect for that kind of crock pot dish - - I have even used them in the crock pot with small taters, carrots, own-yawns and peppers for a dish similar to Roast and Veggies :tup: :salut:

Another reason I love them is they can frequently be found for .99 lb. Thats good for any cut of meat, much less for some that take any and all flavors so easily. They are very forgivable to as far as cook time and temp.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 am

:tup: :salut: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 am

OldUsedParts wrote::tup: :salut: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Forgive this post. I jusr realized I am at 999 posts and want to see what will happen at 1000. Will Outlaw become an Outlaw?
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:04 am

Too Late to warn you now, my Friend, I should have already told you about the cost and requirements that accompany a 1000 poster. :deadhorse: All I can say is WELCOME to the Prolific Posters Anonymous. "My name is OUP and I'm a Forum Posting Addict" :dont: :whiteflag: :laughing7: :salut: :cheers:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Too Late to warn you now, my Friend, I should have already told you about the cost and requirements that accompany a 1000 poster. :deadhorse: All I can say is WELCOME to the Prolific Posters Anonymous. "My name is OUP and I'm a Forum Posting Addict" :dont: :whiteflag: :laughing7: :salut: :cheers:

Well, at least I am in great company. :salut: :salut: :salut: 1000 posts in roughly 6 months. I really need a life. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 pm

So where am I at?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”