How should i cook this?

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

How should i cook this?

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:30 pm

We picked up this hunk o meat today even though I have no idea how to cook it. Advice?
Attachments
20180120_150504.jpg
20180120_150509.jpg
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: How should i cook this?

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:41 pm

I can give you the ( Italian side of me ) answer so don't hang me guys..

I know this works so please hear me out.

If you have a sharp filet knife and some good knife skills, you can cut 1/8" thick slices, the length of the roast, pound them out between some Saran wrap and make a great Braciole.
You can either do a Crock-Pot cook or slow cook on the grill.
I prefer to sear all sides on a cast iron and then throw in the Crock-Pot covered with some good sketti sauce for 6-8 hrs on low.

You will cut the Braciole with a popsicle stick it will be that tender.

If ur interested in a recipe I'd be more than happy to give it to you.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Hot n fast, like a tri tip or it'll be dry as all get out. WV has a great idea there as well; a little more work but great payout.
(Insert witty signature here)
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:19 pm

I saw some online recipes that called themselves herb crusted. That all looked wonderful. I think I am going to do this one in the oven like them. I can't wait to try it.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: How should i cook this?

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:51 pm

JustinCouch wrote:I saw some online recipes that called themselves herb crusted. That all looked wonderful. I think I am going to do this one in the oven like them. I can't wait to try it.
Ya gotta let us know how it comes out, it sounds really good !
I love Anything Herb Crusted, Especially Prime Rib.

Have a great dinner man, enjoy :)
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:09 pm

I have a little rotisseries oven that might do good. You have no idea how bad a want to do it like a prime rib on the grill though.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:39 pm

JustinCouch wrote:I have a little rotisseries oven that might do good. You have no idea how bad a want to do it like a prime rib on the grill though.
I've done Prime Ribs many ways before. In an Oven, in a Kamado Smoked, in a Kamado without smoke , in a regular BBQ grill and in our Big Easy which was the absolute Best way of all !!

Until, I did our last one on Christmas Day in the NuWave. We used a Herb Crusted Rub over Yellow Mustard.
I believe it was a 4 bone and took about 90 minutes to absolute Perfection..
Medium rare with the most delicious crust.
This will Forever be our go to method for doing a Prime Rib.

I bet your Rotisserie will do pretty well to be honest. :)
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:14 am

So after much deliberation,research, crown royal and not wanting to go back to the store we are going to pot it on the weber this afternoon. I seasoned it like I would any steak but maybe a little heavier. I'm going to re season before putting it on the grill and maybe baste it with butter and allegro. Can't wait for church to let out.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:28 pm

JustinCouch wrote:So after much deliberation,research, crown royal and not wanting to go back to the store we are going to pot it on the weber this afternoon. I seasoned it like I would any steak but maybe a little heavier. I'm going to re season before putting it on the grill and maybe baste it with butter and allegro. Can't wait for church to let out.
Sounds good, but Don't Rush the Man Upstairs and please don't tell us ur sitting in ur pue at the moment ?!?! Lololol
After all, he just might be ur co pilot for the cook :)

Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing how it was JC
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:47 pm

woodenvisions wrote:[quote="JustinCouch"]So after much deliberation,research, crown royal and not wanting to go back to the store we are going to pot it on the weber this afternoon. I seasoned it like I would any steak but maybe a little heavier. I'm going to re season before putting it on the grill and maybe baste it with butter and allegro. Can't wait for church to let out.
Sounds good, but Don't Rush the Man Upstairs and please don't tell us ur sitting in ur pue at the moment ?!?! Lololol

Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing how it was JC[/quote]

LOL - reminds me of the Rodney Carrington bit where he said he was sitting in the back row at church, minding his own business, coloring…

“I wouldn’t have told that” :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:53 pm

bsooner75 wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"][quote="JustinCouch"]So after much deliberation,research, crown royal and not wanting to go back to the store we are going to pot it on the weber this afternoon. I seasoned it like I would any steak but maybe a little heavier. I'm going to re season before putting it on the grill and maybe baste it with butter and allegro. Can't wait for church to let out.

Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing how it was JC[/quote]

LOL - reminds me of the Rodney Carrington bit where he said he was sitting in the back row at church, minding his own business, coloring…

“I wouldn’t have told that” :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Lol, good stuff ^^^

I used to watch my Aunt shoot my Uncle Death Daggers as he had his earbud in his left ear listening to the Giants games on certain Sundays...
He was a pro, he never missed a beat during the services, almost like he was able to miraculously switch his internal ( stereo ) to ( mono ) and hear what was happening from both sides, lol...
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Man it was great! I can't wait to do another one. My only regret was not cooking it direct heat the whole time. It was great but I wish it was a little bit more rare.
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm

I forgot to say we had Brussels sprouts for the first time. Did most of them in a boiler with bacon but I did put 8 of them on the grill tossed in evoo and salt.
Attachments
IMG_20180121_174628466.jpg
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:38 pm

That looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:39 am

Nice Plate, Justin, mini-cabbages ROCK :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”