What next

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

What next

Postby JustinCouch » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:34 pm

Now that in happy with my ribs on the weber in going to try them on the highland this weekend. I would move on to something else but I don't know what. I have seen brisket flats at sams but a few people have told me to stay away from them. I don't know. Anyway I will be cooking something or other. Any suggestions.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: What next

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:08 pm

I'm sure they'll be other suggs but a good Tri-Tip or a Whole Chicken would certainly change the atmosphere. :tup: :salut: :cheers: As for me, I'm Pelletizing a short FAT rack of Loin Baby Backs tomorrow because of all this Reeb talk you've been doing :D :lol: :laughing7: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:00 pm

That's a good idea oup. I have been doing small thin racks so I might need to try some thick ribs. The wife wants a pulled pork so I will be doing one of those for sure.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:35 pm

JustinCouch wrote:That's a good idea oup. I have been doing small thin racks so I might need to try some thick ribs. The wife wants a pulled pork so I will be doing one of those for sure.

Pick up a pork butt and make the wife happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:41 pm

bsooner75 wrote:
JustinCouch wrote:That's a good idea oup. I have been doing small thin racks so I might need to try some thick ribs. The wife wants a pulled pork so I will be doing one of those for sure.

Pick up a pork butt and make the wife happy!

Can't argue with that LOGIC :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm

So butt it is! I will be going by Walmart to pick one up on the way home tonight. Gotta go by lowes and see if they have anymore weber charcoal. Here's the question. I plan on doing a very simple season on this butt. Salt pepper and brown sugar. I'm thinking of the most traditional and simple seasoning I can go for. Uncomplicated if you will. I will be basting it with unfiltered apple cider vinegar. I'm thinking about putting the rub in right before it hits the smoker. Anybody have any input?
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:52 pm

I usually apply rub to my pork butts about 30 minutes before they hit the pit. Not sure about the brown sugar. Maybe somebody else can chime in on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Oh well no butt this weekend. I just found out about my friends daughters first birthday party. Little girls are more important than BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:15 pm

maybe put the brown sugah with a liquid and baste it on at the end of the cook :dont: :?:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”