I'm ashamed to even ask.

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: I'm ashamed to even ask.

Postby Rambo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:49 am

Txdragon wrote:Had a waitress come to me the other day with a moderate list of stuff the customer wanted to avoid; gluten, salt, sugar, nitrates, nitrites, etc.. She says, "What do we have?!" I came around the service line and walked over to the drink station and proceeded to pour a pitcher of water and said, "Take them this and ask if there's anything else they'd like to request." The owner about lost it laughing..

LMAO :rose:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:52 am

Txdragon wrote:Had a waitress come to me the other day with a moderate list of stuff the customer wanted to avoid; gluten, salt, sugar, nitrates, nitrites, etc.. She says, "What do we have?!" I came around the service line and walked over to the drink station and proceeded to pour a pitcher of water and said, "Take them this and ask if there's anything else they'd like to request." The owner about lost it laughing..

LMAO
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:36 am

Goes double for me, too! :laughing7:
Moink!
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Sorry folks no pictures of the finished products, was too busy whacking and stacking once everyone was ready to eat.
The women said no on even a little injection of butter in thier bird so I Followed Boots recommendations on the no salt halve of bird.
Boots, you made me a hero . The gals loved it. :salut: I even liked it, after I added some salt to it. :laughing7:
Couple of observations of differences of the halves. The no salt half took almost a hour longer to get done then the other half. Also the no salt bird when done was definately much plumper then the other half. Now remember this was the same bird just cut in half. :dont:

All in all everything turned out great. Even my fussy eating SIL...the one that won't eat red meat...had two pieces of the brisket and she loved it. :scratch:

I did sneak one past the girls tho. I made up a big pot of mashed taters. While they weren't looking I added a cup of sour cream, a stick of butter and a good dash of salt to the taters while mashing. They loved the taters :mrgreen:

Only missque yesterday was while the meat was resting I jumped in the shower. My hearing aid ain't worked since. :whiteflag:
Thanks y'all :cheers:
Bill
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:20 pm

Ok, so I’ll have to yell then...

GLAD IT WORKED OUT BILL !!! AND I PROMISE NEVER TO TELL ABOUT THE TWO POUNDS OF BUTTER AND SOUR CREAM!!
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Okie Sawbones wrote:I tell people the food is on the table, no special requests. Eat it or bring your own. Have a niece who tried all kinds of weird diet stuff -- funny how she chowed down at my table during Thanksgiving.

Yeah, Okie is right on this one. My mom and I were talking about her having a similar problem with my step-siblings being pains with all kinds of special food demands that have nothing to do with medical issues. Turns out even Ms Manners says you're not required to make special meals (ie vegetarian or whatever), because the guest is supposed to be coming for the company, not the food.

That said, there were some good ideas, including your own. I still try to at least meet my own guests half way despite the first part of this post also.

Here's a couple of etiquette articles:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/11/13 ... y-demands/

https://www.fireandflavor.com/products/ ... 8498787474
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Just a note on the mash tatters bill, I put couple of slices of cheddar cheese butter and cream. It mashes up real nice and fluffy.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”