pellet machine

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

preacher boy
Pilgrim

pellet machine

Postby preacher boy » Fri May 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Just curious, does anyone in the U.S.of A manufacture pellet machines? I am not even sure what the cost would be, maybe too high to even consider. I have seen some online but seem to be all foreign made. I have looked at some pellet grills and talked with a few people and have been informed that on a slow cook like brisket, the pellet grills use about a pound and hour of pellets. At $15.00 a 20 lb. bag,that seems like it would add up pretty soon if you smoked much. Any thoughts,or should I just shut up, drink a cold one and smoke?? Don't be too quick to answer that last part..lol
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Re: pellet machine

Postby TX1911 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Pitts and Spitts has recently come out with one, as has Gator Pit.

My pellet pooper is phenomenal for individual cuts of meat. Cant fit a ton on it, but it saves me time and sleep when its not worth firing up the big offset.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri May 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Check out Yoder pits and Cookshack. There are no doubt others made in USA and some in Canada.

I currently have 3 USA (2 are old Traegers no longer made here.) and a China model. All have been good cookers.

Probably most on the market today are US designs built on the Pacific Rim to save cost.
tarde venientibus ossa....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 11, 2018 7:32 pm

I have a Pit Boss that Academy Sports carries and they are "very reasonable", especially for the person that's not really sure (me 2 yrs ago) whether they really want one. It has served me well but if I ever upgrade it will probably be a Yoder.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
preacher boy
Pilgrim

Postby preacher boy » Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 pm

My bad... I didn't explain myself well at all. I see where the confusion came in. Actually my question is a machine that actually makes pellets
to use in pellet smokers . I would make my own wood pellets. Sorry for the bad post...
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri May 11, 2018 9:42 pm

preacher boy wrote:My bad... I didn't explain myself well at all. I see where the confusion came in. Actually my question is a machine that actually makes pellets
to use in pellet smokers . I would make my own wood pellets. Sorry for the bad post...

OK that's different and I have no idea although I'll bet there are some made in North America (Canada makes a lot of pellets too).
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”