Barbados Black Belly

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Bockbock
Cowboy

Barbados Black Belly

Postby Bockbock » Mon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Hey all, any of y'all smoked a hind quarter from a Barbados Black Belly. I think it is in the goat family. My friend's family raises them and he gave me 2 hind quarters. They don't seem to have that much meat on them. He butchered it when it was the age of a Cabrito. I smoked one on Sunday to 145 degrees internal temp, but seemed like it was still under cooked. Not sure how to prepare it so it is tasty. Thanks in advance.
Bockbock
Dillo Q
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Barbados Black Belly

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 pm

IMHO Cabrito is very close to Venison and on a Venison Roast, I would always put several slits over the leg quarter and insert various pieces of garlic and own-yawn and then wrap in bacon and slow cook - - - - - Good Luck and let us know what you come up with :tup: :salut:

OOPS, forget the above :whiteflag: I just googled and found out that it is in the SHEEP family so maybe Russ and the other Lamb Lovers can help you out. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Hey Bockbock, Sir Boots just posted this Link to a Lamb Recipe that sounds good, however, my Ad-blocker wouldn't let me view it but maybe yours will. Boots don't post anything that ain't Larapin.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31820
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon May 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Interesting read parts. Never heard of that type of lamb? Best lamb I've had were Thai cooked ribs at hoon hay Thai. My fave Thai restaurant, they won't tell me the recipe. I've tried about 3 times to recreate it but not even close.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”