BondoBill's passing...

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Re: BondoBill's passing...

Postby Professor Bunky » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 am

This is so sad. My prayers and condolences go out to Bill's family.
May he rest in peace. He will be missed here.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 am

Can't get Wild Bill off of my mind so I've been remembering things that I learned from him and about him.
No matter what his passion was at the time, whether it be fishing, smoking, cooking or whatever, it always included Family and/or Friends.
Here is a bit of history of my friend that I thought some of you might like to know.
https://www.charliesautobodyinc.com/about-charlies/

IMG_0020.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:58 am

Thank you for sharing with us. He will be missed. My sincere condolences. :(
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:00 am

SOoo SAD Image
Bill was a major contributor on our board
he will truly be missed
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:13 am

Thanks for sharing that link OUP. Bill was great at posting up photos and sharing what he was always up to, no matter if it was cooking, or the more recent photos of spring and his surroundings in the PNW. To his last post of being on vacation with family and friends. These sudden losses are the worst, the ones you never see coming, are very difficult to process. When my father passed, he hadn’t been well for quite some time, we knew it was coming, but knew he needed to go to a better place. That wasn’t the case with our mother. It was all very sudden and unexpected. So i know that Bill’s family is in shock, after having just lost there anchor. He just offered a wealth of knowledge to this forum and was a good and genuine guy. Boots also summed it up properly.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 am

I plan on calling their Home after while and gathering any information about where to send flowers or if Wild Bill had a special charity that he would have liked for his friends to send donations to. That's what ChilieFarmers family did and it worked well and benefits others also.

I will post up any vital information as I find out and hope that others do also. :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:20 am

As one from Washington state, I always felt a connection with him and enjoyed his posts. I was and still am in shock of his passing. It brings me comfort knowing that he was with family and they were spending time together.

I have had experiences with many forums, but I have to say in all honesty, this place is one of the best. It’s doesnt matter how young or old you are or with or lack of experience in the Q, everyone is welcomed and helpful. It is so different from other websites. It’s a really atmosphere in this place. Maybe it’s why it is so hard for me with Bill’s passing.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:24 pm

They're probably pretty busy and it may still be too early for making final arrangements. I have called their Home twice and left a message, plus I called the Auto Body Shop and talked to an employee there. He asked me to send him an email and when he talked to Bill's son, Brent, he would send me a reply and the information via email. As of now, I have heard nothing and I haven't been able to locate an Obit either so I plan on being patient and hopefully know something by tomorrow or when they finalize some plans. :salut:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:33 pm

I am sure they may have had to deal with some logistical issues just getting his body out of Mexico and back home. Not sure how all of that works.
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Oh no! He welcomed me to this forum as many others did. I am truly sorry to hear this. My prayers and sincere condolences to his family and friends. God Bless you BondoBill. Until we meet again!
Last edited by bobcat1 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:43 pm

GRailsback wrote:I am sure they may have had to deal with some logistical issues just getting his body out of Mexico and back home. Not sure how all of that works.

Very possible :salut:
allenayres USER_AVATAR
allenayres
Rustler

Postby allenayres » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:48 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:54 pm

Emm I know you recently met with bill so it's tougher on you, I too woke up this morning and couldn't get him out of my mind, from pics he posted with Buck by his side to the new building going up,he was so proud of his family, and rightly so. such a sad ending.
As I said thoughts and prayers are with the family and you emm.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Prayers and sincere condolences to the family. Godspeed Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Russ wrote:Emm I know you recently met with bill so it's tougher on you, I too woke up this morning and couldn't get him out of my mind, Russ

Pard, I never had the opportunity to actually meet him but I would have really liked to. However, we shared a lot of things both here and via the USPS. He was notorious to surprise me with a gift that I had never thought of before like the smoked meats and various dry breadings by Atkinsons. I am almost out of one of them so I'll have to make sure and cook a special remembrance dish with it. :salut:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”