Rib Meat Garlic Italian Sausage Rigatoni

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Re: Rib Meat Garlic Italian Sausage Rigatoni

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Absolutely wonderful as always. I so look forward to your post 8)
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:55 am

woodenvisions wrote:
I'm doing some research on Carb ( I mean ) pasta machines, definitely want one. There is NO comparison to fresh pasta, I was a non believer till a few years back when my Mother made some Sketti and I DESPISE Sketti.

However, I Love Rigatoni, Penne, Ziti and Angel Hair even. I know, I know, its all the same but for some reason I just turn my nose up on Sketti.

Moms however rocked but I only had one plate. Other than that, I won't eat it.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Fresh pasta>dry by a long shot. Can't say they're just the same though. Wouldn't want to use a ball peen hammer to drive in a stud nail, would you? I mean, look at the elbow macaroni. We see that and we think, "mac n cheese!" When this is not the best noodle for that application. There's just not enough surface area for the cheese!! Pasta has specific applications and I don't think we, as Americans fully understand all their purpose. Hey, pasta isn't a big part of our diet! I too am not a fan of spaghetti. Well, the pasta anyways. The noodles are just... so... plain compared to the 1000+ options. I am a big fan of papperdelle. Lots of versatility with that beauty! Works just as well with a good marinara as it does in Stroganoff. I'm rambling now lol!
(Insert witty signature here)
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:22 am

Txdragon wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:
I'm doing some research on Carb ( I mean ) pasta machines, definitely want one. There is NO comparison to fresh pasta, I was a non believer till a few years back when my Mother made some Sketti and I DESPISE Sketti.

However, I Love Rigatoni, Penne, Ziti and Angel Hair even. I know, I know, its all the same but for some reason I just turn my nose up on Sketti.

Moms however rocked but I only had one plate. Other than that, I won't eat it.

Fresh pasta>dry by a long shot. Can't say they're just the same though. Wouldn't want to use a ball peen hammer to drive in a stud nail, would you? I mean, look at the elbow macaroni. We see that and we think, "mac n cheese!" When this is not the best noodle for that application. There's just not enough surface area for the cheese!! Pasta has specific applications and I don't think we, as Americans fully understand all their purpose. Hey, pasta isn't a big part of our diet! I too am not a fan of spaghetti. Well, the pasta anyways. The noodles are just... so... plain compared to the 1000+ options. I am a big fan of papperdelle. Lots of versatility with that beauty! Works just as well with a good marinara as it does in Stroganoff. I'm rambling now lol!
Dude,
U think a lot like me it appears.
The main reason I want a Pasta Machine is for Home Made Tortellini which I have gotten the recipe for from a guy I became friends with. He owns a Legit Italian restaurant up here that is known to be regarded as the very best Italian/Morracon in the Poconos. He from Morraco and is the owner/head chef.
Once a year he closes his menu to only ONE option, the Moroccan Feast.
9 course meal for 50 $

Hoping to get the date ahead of time this year so we can attend.

I also love Beef Stroganoff which uses the Fettuccinis big brother Pappardelle that you mentioned.

Oh man, back to Amazon :)

Last edited by woodenvisions on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 am

Smoking Piney wrote:Yes Sir......that looks fantastic! :chef: :chef:

Great repurpose!
Thank you Smo Pin,
I was hesitant in using Pork in that type of sauce and pasta. Usually its some type of beef bit surprisingly it worked out.

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:31 am

TwoGuysBBQ wrote:Absolutely wonderful as always. I so look forward to your post 8)
Ur too kind TwoGuys,
Thank you for that, and I enjoy looking forward to your posts as well. I think everyone on here brings countless ideas to the forum. Its funny, sometimes I see some posts and I wonder how do those things go well together and then I Try them and next thing we know, there is a new line up of grub on the table.
Pretty kool stuff, its good for the soul ya know :)

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

alicebarrie wrote:It looks so delicious, and I like it so much.
Thank you much alicebarrie, simple worked out this time, I got lucky.

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:27 am

WV....what sort of pasta machine are you looking for? I assume, an extruder type? Get a STRONG one. We had a little hand-cranked model that wasn't worth the five bucks we paid for it.

On the other hand, I'm kicking myself for donating our metal Atlas fettucine/sheet pasta machine.
Moink!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:WV....what sort of pasta machine are you looking for? I assume, an extruder type? Get a STRONG one. We had a little hand-cranked model that wasn't worth the five bucks we paid for it.

On the other hand, I'm kicking myself for donating our metal Atlas fettucine/sheet pasta machine.
Hi Sailor,

I'm looking at this exact one.
It has a Ravioli accessory that has me excited as you know what.

Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine, Made in Italy, Chrome, Includes Pasta Cutter, Hand Crank, and Instructions https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009U5OSO/re ... NBbBHHYA60

Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:15 am

That's exactly the one we had! :tup:

Worked great. Cost back then...$40.
Moink!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:That's exactly the one we had! :tup:

Worked great. Cost back then...$40.
Oh kool, that's good to know :)
I haven't really seen anything bad made from Italy to be honest.
In your opinion, it was pretty good quality ?

I don't think I'm gonna spend the extra 90$ for a motorized one.
It looks like I can always " add " the motor later so that's a good option if I become Daddy Warbucks but I'm not there yet, lol.

Thx for that 411 Sailor.

Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:32 pm

The Atlas was excellent quality back then, and easy enough so that I could use it. If you ever see a vintage one at a thrift store or yard sale, grab it.
Moink!
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:41 pm

There is a great culinary supply store out my way called, Surfas Culinary District.. I don't know if there is a way to order from them on the web but, they have some decent pasta machines like that one. Surprisingly cheaper than Amazon also.. About 50 bucks for a comparable model. I've had that one in my crosshairs for a while now. If you order the Amazon one, let us know how you like it!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Txdragon wrote:There is a great culinary supply store out my way called, Surfas Culinary District.. I don't know if there is a way to order from them on the web but, they have some decent pasta machines like that one. Surprisingly cheaper than Amazon also.. About 50 bucks for a comparable model. I've had that one in my crosshairs for a while now. If you order the Amazon one, let us know how you like it!
Thx for the 411 on that.

I Binged the name and came up with a few different stores. Im not sure if they are the same tho.
I found a Big variation in pricing on this unit.
From 40$ -80$ and they look the same.
I'm curious tho if the cheaper ones are copy cats under another name, possibly cutting corners over the Italian Made Version.
I have some homework to do it appears.

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:The Atlas was excellent quality back then, and easy enough so that I could use it. If you ever see a vintage one at a thrift store or yard sale, grab it.
I'm on it !

Thank you :)

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:58 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
Txdragon wrote:There is a great culinary supply store out my way called, Surfas Culinary District.. I don't know if there is a way to order from them on the web but, they have some decent pasta machines like that one. Surprisingly cheaper than Amazon also.. About 50 bucks for a comparable model. I've had that one in my crosshairs for a while now. If you order the Amazon one, let us know how you like it!
Thx for the 411 on that.

I Binged the name and came up with a few different stores. Im not sure if they are the same tho.
I found a Big variation in pricing on this unit.
From 40$ -80$ and they look the same.
I'm curious tho if the cheaper ones are copy cats under another name, possibly cutting corners over the Italian Made Version.
I have some homework to do it appears.

The one here in Hot Springs is the same as in California. Their main store is in LA. The units here are very sturdy for the price. They're solid and weighty. I buy a good deal of equipment from them and the prices and quality are both excellent!

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”