Boneless Leg of Lamb

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
Smoking Piney
Cowboy
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 am
Location: South Jersey Pine Barrens
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Smoking Piney » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Russ wrote:
Smoking Piney wrote:
Russ wrote:Big lamb lovers here, yours looks really juicy. Great colour too. Rosemary potatoes an excellent dish to go with it. I'm doing a leg next weekend for my d.i.l


Russ


Russ,

Thanks! Please post pics and how you cooked it. I'm always up for learning new ways of cooking. :D


I'm doing a leg this Sunday over charcoal rotisserie , I will put pics up.

Russ


Looking forward to the pic, Russ!
John
Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber kettle with Vortex and Roti
AMNPS
User avatar
Smoking Piney
Cowboy
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 am
Location: South Jersey Pine Barrens
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Smoking Piney » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:03 pm

Txdragon wrote:Excellent plate, Sir Piney!! Lamb is my favorite of all. If there were 1 animal I had to choose to consume for the rest of my life, that would be it. I am hoping to have my own back yard supply of them in a year!! Going this weekend to take a look at a breeding pair of Dorper :cheers:


Thanks, Tx! :D
John
Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber kettle with Vortex and Roti
AMNPS
User avatar
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3860
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Perfect grub to gnaw on after a long day in Cape May, but by the looks of that cook , if I didn't know it came from you I would expect that kind of meal straight out of an Avalon restaurant !!

Since I know where you live very well, I know that you will get the Avalon Restaurant comment/compliment :):)

For the folks that don't know Avalon, its an Oceanfront City that's absolutely beautiful.......And BIG BUCKS lol.





Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3231
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Russ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Piney, our fave sammich is leftover cold lamb sliced in a sammich with sliced onions and home made Mayo. I love it the next day, my kids even call round the next day to get one. You might like to try it.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
Txdragon
Deputy
Posts: 3875
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: Forney, TX
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Txdragon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 am

Russ wrote:Piney, our fave sammich is leftover cold lamb sliced in a sammich with sliced onions and home made Mayo. I love it the next day, my kids even call round the next day to get one. You might like to try it.

Russ

It's funny how the kids come calling when there's food involved!
I like the idea of homemade mayo. I've made a few aioli varieties, but not any straight up mayo.
(Insert witty signature here)
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3231
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Russ » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Txdragon wrote:
Russ wrote:Piney, our fave sammich is leftover cold lamb sliced in a sammich with sliced onions and home made Mayo. I love it the next day, my kids even call round the next day to get one. You might like to try it.

Russ

It's funny how the kids come calling when there's food involved!
I like the idea of homemade mayo. I've made a few aioli varieties, but not any straight up mayo.


Mines my mums recipe, condensed milk based.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
Txdragon
Deputy
Posts: 3875
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: Forney, TX
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Txdragon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Russ wrote:
Mines my mums recipe, condensed milk based.

Russ

Is it closely guarded or were you otherwise sworn to secrecy?!
(Insert witty signature here)
User avatar
Russ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3231
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Russ » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Txdragon wrote:
Russ wrote:
Mines my mums recipe, condensed milk based.

Russ

Is it closely guarded or were you otherwise sworn to secrecy?!


No, just a tin of condensed milk, teaspoon mustard powder,2 teaspoons sugar, lots pepper, and malt vinegar, about 2 or 3 tablespoons. Mix and refrigerate. Really nice with a green salad.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
User avatar
Txdragon
Deputy
Posts: 3875
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: Forney, TX
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Txdragon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:07 am

Russ wrote:
Txdragon wrote:
Russ wrote:
Mines my mums recipe, condensed milk based.

Russ

Is it closely guarded or were you otherwise sworn to secrecy?!


No, just a tin of condensed milk, teaspoon mustard powder,2 teaspoons sugar, lots pepper, and malt vinegar, about 2 or 3 tablespoons. Mix and refrigerate. Really nice with a green salad.

Russ


Oh sweet, thanks! I'll give this a try before too long :cheers:
(Insert witty signature here)
User avatar
Smoking Piney
Cowboy
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 am
Location: South Jersey Pine Barrens
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Smoking Piney » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Now you guys have me thinking about sammiches with mayo....... :D
John
Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber kettle with Vortex and Roti
AMNPS
User avatar
Smoking Piney
Cowboy
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 am
Location: South Jersey Pine Barrens
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby Smoking Piney » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:52 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Perfect grub to gnaw on after a long day in Cape May, but by the looks of that cook , if I didn't know it came from you I would expect that kind of meal straight out of an Avalon restaurant !!

Since I know where you live very well, I know that you will get the Avalon Restaurant comment/compliment :):)

For the folks that don't know Avalon, its an Oceanfront City that's absolutely beautiful.......And BIG BUCKS lol.


Aw, shucks, woodenvisions....thanks! :D
John
Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber kettle with Vortex and Roti
AMNPS
User avatar
CaptJack
Outlaw
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Boneless Leg of Lamb

Postby CaptJack » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 am

Image
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates • CampChef pellet cooker

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests