Brisket Injecting

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

chris_bbq15 USER_AVATAR
Chris_BBQ15
Pilgrim

Brisket Injecting

Postby Chris_BBQ15 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:25 am

I purchased the meat church brisket injection. Instructions day mix with liquid of choice. What liquids do y’all recommend mixing the brisket injection with :?:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Brisket Injecting

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:55 am

It seems to me that water would be the logical liquid - - however, I have never injected a brisket so maybe someone else will offer an experience view.
Welcome to the Forum :tup: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Do water the first time. If you like it you can experiment from there. Broth, juice etc.

I injected once. It was good but I did not really notice enough difference to make it worth the extra effort. That was for at home consumption. If I was competing it would probably be a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Welcome to the forum....
I am not, or so far have not been an injector of briskets, that said, If I was to inject I would inject something with flavor, such as beef broth or the like. To me its kind of like cooking your beans in water or cooking them in pork or chicken broth which one would have more flavor? just my $.02
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm

spacetrucker wrote: If I was to inject I would inject something with flavor, such as beef broth or the like.

S.T. shouldn't/wouldn't the Meat Church be the Seasoning :dont: :scratch: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:01 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
spacetrucker wrote: If I was to inject I would inject something with flavor, such as beef broth or the like.

S.T. shouldn't/wouldn't the Meat Church be the Seasoning :dont: :scratch: :salut:

yes it would be the seasoning, I suppose.. but I still believe the broth would provide more flavor than water, may be the reason I don't do the injection I dont know.. I have injected turkey before frying, but even that left streaks of seasoning, even after letting it sit in the fridge overnight, so I'm with bsooner not an injector for my table, just maybe
others may change my mind with the right mix :happ:
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
chris_bbq15 USER_AVATAR
Chris_BBQ15
Pilgrim

Postby Chris_BBQ15 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Thanks for the information gentleman. I figured if meat church wanted me to mix it with water they would say that on their “instructions”. I’m new to this so I greatly appreciate the help. Im from California so we don’t have good bbq like they do in TX. I was able to experience Salt lick and and stiles switch while in Austin this passed April and it was amazingly juicy and delicious. I figured those places inject their brisket but I may be wrong :dont:
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Mix with beef broth and inject liberally. I use Butcher's BBQ injection. The phosphates help hold moisture in the flat. The point is fatty enough that you don't need to worry there. Have fun.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
mule rider USER_AVATAR
Mule rider
Rustler

Postby Mule rider » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:12 pm

I don"t inject on my brisket. Flavoring should come with the seasoning. Chris where in Calif are you? Northwest here Crescent City.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:07 am

spacetrucker wrote:yes it would be the seasoning, I suppose.. but I still believe the broth would provide more flavor than water, may be the reason I don't do the injection I dont know.. I have injected turkey before frying, but even that left streaks of seasoning, even after letting it sit in the fridge overnight, so I'm with bsooner not an injector for my table, just maybe
others may change my mind with the right mix :happ:

10-4 and I agree that broth tops water flavor wise :tup: have a great T-Day :salut:
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:17 am

I probably did it wrong but I was not at all impressed with the brisket I injected...
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:40 am

Chris_BBQ15 wrote:Thanks for the information gentleman. I figured if meat church wanted me to mix it with water they would say that on their “instructions”. I’m new to this so I greatly appreciate the help. Im from California so we don’t have good bbq like they do in TX. I was able to experience Salt lick and and stiles switch while in Austin this passed April and it was amazingly juicy and delicious. I figured those places inject their brisket but I may be wrong :dont:

The manufacturer realizes that with BBQ, there's more than 1 way to skin the cat. You can mix it with your favorite liquid, but, doesn't mean you'll obtain the desired results. Funny thing about desired results is that they vary from person to person! You have the option to make it the way YOU want to which is a big reason of why I usually avoid items so vague. I prefer clear-cut instructions on whatever it is that I'm using or I will just make my own.
(Insert witty signature here)
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:44 am

Txdragon wrote: You can mix it with your favorite liquid, but, doesn't mean you'll obtain the desired results. Funny thing about desired results is that they vary from person to person! You have the option to make it the way YOU want to which is a big reason of why I usually avoid items so vague. I prefer clear-cut instructions on whatever it is that I'm using or I will just make my own.

TD- you just could not have said it any better, again in my opinion....

I know a lot of folks that inject, seems to leave stripes of seasoning, I experienced the same on some fried turkeys, so far not a big fan of injecting, okie sawbones seems to have "a grip on it", I may figure it out some day :scratch:
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 am

spacetrucker wrote:
I know a lot of folks that inject, seems to leave stripes of seasoning, I experienced the same on some fried turkeys, so far not a big fan of injecting, okie sawbones seems to have "a grip on it", I may figure it out some day :scratch:

Injecting isn't hard. Just do a checkerboard pattern with a GOOD injector. I like https://www.amazon.com/Grill-BEAST-Stainless-Injector-Professional/dp/B00MNSGWIQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542725869&sr=8-3&keywords=the+beast+injector
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
allenayres USER_AVATAR
allenayres
Rustler

Postby allenayres » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:28 am

Okie Sawbones wrote:Mix with beef broth and inject liberally. I use Butcher's BBQ injection. The phosphates help hold moisture in the flat. The point is fatty enough that you don't need to worry there. Have fun.

This is what I do/ use - except I inject the whole thing for comps (even tho we only turn in the flat... hmm... :laughing7: )

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”