Grill Area

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

USCGbhill
Pilgrim

Grill Area

Postby USCGbhill » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Still trying to hone down which pellet smoker to purchase, but wanted to reach out to you all to ensure I get one that is big enough but not too big. Love to que, but the most I will push out will be 1-2 briskets, couple chickens, several ribs, a roast here and there and small stuff in between. Thoughts are appreciated and insight always welcomed.
Thanks
USCGbhill
Pilgrim

Re: Grill Area

Postby USCGbhill » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:45 pm

So I guess a better question would be camp Chef or Pit Boss. Is one better than another and would it be better if I can go a little bigger on the PB than camp chef to get that one? As many have said before me size matters but so does quality. Thanks
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 am

I have a CampChef PB24 and there's no way to fit two briskets in it. FWIW.
Great cooker though.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:21 am

When I bought my Pit Boss 340, I wish kinda thinking I should have bought the 820. However, after 2 years+ of using it, it fits my needs just fine. I did, however, make me an extra shelf that can be set in it for additional meats if needed. I'm also not experienced in Brisket cooking but you might take a look at the grill dimensions of the 820 https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/pit-bo ... cBEALw_wcB
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:48 am

OldUsedParts wrote:When I bought my Pit Boss 340, I wish kinda thinking I should have bought the 820. However, after 2 years+ of using it, it fits my needs just fine. I did, however, make me an extra shelf that can be set in it for additional meats if needed. I'm also not experienced in Brisket cooking but you might take a look at the grill dimensions of the 820 https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/pit-bo ... cBEALw_wcB

Good call on the 820. It looks to me that it'll work 2 briskets just fine. Not a bad price either, I expected it to be in the higher 3-digit range.
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”