Whole Backstrap Tomorrow

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Whole Backstrap Tomorrow

Postby Rambo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Getting ready to do a whole backstrap and 4 chicken quarters tomorrow on the Stickburner. Hickory. I've received expert advice from TXDragon on how to prepare this, can't wait.
Attachments
IMG_1713[6630].JPG
Backstrap !
IMG_1714[6628].JPG
IMG_1715[6626].JPG
IMG_1716[6624].JPG
Covered with SuckleBuster's SPG
IMG_1717[6642].JPG
Dry Marinate tonight
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Whole Backstrap Tomorrow

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:23 pm

Should be Good but it breaks my Heart not seeing that Tenderloin on a Kabob or Battered and Fried with Cream Gravy. :salut: :cheers: :chef:
What are you doing to keep it from drying out ? :scratch:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:32 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Should be Good but it breaks my Heart not seeing that Tenderloin on a Kabob or Battered and Fried with Cream Gravy. :salut: :cheers: :chef:
What are you doing to keep it from drying out ? :scratch:

I'm wrapping in Bacon, then pink butcher paper after certain time, and pull at certain temp. I have expert instructions from TXDragon. Ain't no Dam-m Kabob's at my house :angryfire: . I've also got 4 chicken quarters with SB Hog Waller dry marinating in the Fridg
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:33 pm

And, 12 cream cheese stuffed , bacon wrapped jalapeño Poppers
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Oh, yeah........ :D
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Well, Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse MOI :laughing7: :lol: :D
Sir Chef will NOT lead you astray :bow: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:01 pm

He’s a Dandy
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:15 am

Oh man, looking forward to this! I dunno about this expert stuff, I simply tend to get lucky! :laughing7:
(Insert witty signature here)
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:51 am

Txdragon wrote:Oh man, looking forward to this! I dunno about this expert stuff, I simply tend to get lucky! :laughing7:

I had an old Girlfriend like that............................................................................... That's why she's an Old girlfriend ;)
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:14 am

Rambo wrote:
Txdragon wrote:Oh man, looking forward to this! I dunno about this expert stuff, I simply tend to get lucky! :laughing7:

I had an old Girlfriend like that............................................................................... That's why she's an Old girlfriend ;)

Ha!! I still didn't get any deer this year. I saw a couple nice bucks while we were in New Braunfels before Christmas.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:00 am

The King Piece of meat when it comes to these car kamakazis !!

Big family of hunters here and Back Straps are always the first to get cooked up.
Never had it prepared like this but I'm guessing it will be delicious this way !

If you don't mind guys, I'd like to show this to my brother. He's got a permit that allows him to down quite a bit of deer up here. His local farmer has a huge Apple farm that has had an influx of crop damage due to them eating his apples.
The worst part is that most of the apples are just " sampled " and not completely eaten !
They seem to just chew a few pieces off of the apples and go to the next ones...

I can't imagine the frustrations our farmers go thru with things like this and the weather. . .

Anyways, looking forward to the end results !

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:43 pm

woodenvisions wrote:The King Piece of meat when it comes to these car kamakazis !!

Big family of hunters here and Back Straps are always the first to get cooked up.
Never had it prepared like this but I'm guessing it will be delicious this way !

If you don't mind guys, I'd like to show this to my brother. He's got a permit that allows him to down quite a bit of deer up here. His local farmer has a huge Apple farm that has had an influx of crop damage due to them eating his apples.
The worst part is that most of the apples are just " sampled " and not completely eaten !
They seem to just chew a few pieces off of the apples and go to the next ones...

I can't imagine the frustrations our farmers go thru with things like this and the weather. . .

99.9% of the time I have any back strap, it gets a hot n fast treatment. Usually taken to med at max. I like to fry up some medallions once in a while and serve them alongside some mashed taters, gravy, and my fried cabbage meant to mimic German potato salad.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:40 pm

Txdragon wrote: I like to fry up some medallions once in a while and serve them alongside some mashed taters, gravy, and my fried cabbage meant to mimic German potato salad.

Yum Yum - now yer talking Bambi's Best :tup: :salut: :cheers:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:36 pm

OK, it's been a wild day, backstrap, chicken quarters, 1 chicken breast, and ABT's on The Big Dog; more to follow
Attachments
IMG_1724[6648].JPG
Blue Smoke in The Pineywoods
IMG_1733[6656].JPG
IMG_1734[6654].JPG
IMG_1735[6652].JPG
IMG_1736[6650].JPG
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:41 pm

Txdragon wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:The King Piece of meat when it comes to these car kamakazis !!

99.9% of the time I have any back strap, it gets a hot n fast treatment. Usually taken to med at max. I like to fry up some medallions once in a while and serve them alongside some mashed taters, gravy, and my fried cabbage meant to mimic German potato salad.
Oh yeah, that's definitely a good way.

We take them, filet them about 1/4" thick, egg and breadcrumb them and the in a hot cast iron pan over Butter, Not oil a few minutes a side.

Almost like fried eggplant, and them put some shredded Pepper jack and Monterey and melt under the broiler for a minute and lay some GOOD Marinara on top and over Ziti or Fettuccine.

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”