Frankenswine

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

hdc77494
Pilgrim

Frankenswine

Postby hdc77494 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:43 pm

China loves their pork, but the rising urban population is pushing a bit for leaner, healthier meat.
Their food scientists have bred a "leaner" pig to meet the needs of those wishing to avoid fat.
Behold the Frankenswine. The obvious question being, how would you prepare one of these on your offset smoker?
frankenswine.jpg
Frankenswine
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Re: Frankenswine

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:15 am

That poor animal. Would absolutely not eat it. Guaranteed full of steroids.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:39 am

I would have to brace up the legs of my smoker!
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:41 am

Joernolav wrote:That poor animal. Would absolutely not eat it. Guaranteed full of steroids.

My thoughts exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:42 am

Make sausage out of Him but you're gonna have to add a lot of BEEF FAT to get it to work :laughing7: :lol: :D :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:44 am

Joernolav wrote:That poor animal. Would absolutely not eat it. Guaranteed full of steroids.

I wouldn't doubt the use of steroids here but you'd be surprised what a few generations of selective breeding would produce.
My brother has a boar now that is on the 6th line. He looks REALLY good. Nothing like the pig here but, very pronounced musculature and good fat to muscle (from the external view).
He says he's not ready for the real work yet. He will be putting that line to the working pens in a few more generations.
(Insert witty signature here)
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:46 am

All I can say is EWWWWWWW!

(Not to your bro, tx...)
Moink!
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:56 am

Txdragon wrote:

I wouldn't doubt the use of steroids here but you'd be surprised what a few generations of selective breeding would produce.
My brother has a boar now that is on the 6th line. He looks REALLY good. Nothing like the pig here but, very pronounced musculature and good fat to muscle (from the external view).
He says he's not ready for the real work yet. He will be putting that line to the working pens in a few more generations.
Agree. Breeding on the animals with characherista you want to enhance obviously creates change. That has been done for years and are a natural selection.

Personally I wouldn't eat food from China. Too many food scandals there. I avoid as much as possible to eat meat from animals full of steroids or antibiotics. Luckily steroids is forbidden here and very little use of antibiotics.

professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:37 am

I'm also wondering if this picture has been "photoshopped"?
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:52 am

Professor Bunky wrote:I'm also wondering if this picture has been "photoshopped"?
Might be. But there are many cruel animals breeds. This is called Belgian blue. A common cow breed in Belgium. Can hardly walk. Animal cruelty by the breeders imo.Image

GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:59 am

I'm with Txdragon. Selective breeding can produce crazy results. This is really true in hogs. Reaching sexual maturity at 6 months and with a gestation period of about the same duration a single sow can throw 3-4 litters a year. Finding a line of females that nick well with a line of boars is only a couple generations away. Just consider the hog industry is nothing like it was 40 years ago. American hog, beef and chicken ranchers have been using selective breeding practices for decades. By such they have breed slaughter animals that are taller, longer, more muscular and certainly less fat laden. Frankenswine is just an extreme example of what these breeding practices can produce.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:01 am

Mr Joe, what are they doing with that breed of cattle in Belgium?
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:14 am

GRailsback wrote:Mr Joe, what are they doing with that breed of cattle in Belgium?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Blue

The double muscling appears to be a natural gene mutation. Exploited by breeders further? Maybe but the breed is already prone to it.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:24 am

Well is sure is an ugly looking rascal. I like cattle that look like this. We had rolled out a round bail there were they are grazing the day before.

IMG_3520.jpg
Just outside of Segiun Texas.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:25 am

Joernolav wrote:
Professor Bunky wrote:I'm also wondering if this picture has been "photoshopped"?
Might be. But there are many cruel animals breeds. This is called Belgian blue. A common cow breed in Belgium. Can hardly walk. Animal cruelty by the breeders imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j12J3PCai5A
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”