Can't take it anymore!

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:39 pm

bigwheel wrote:Well sure it would influence a lot of things to some degree. Main influence I'm looking for in a log burner is to keep a clean burning fire and cracking the firebox door helps a bunch in that regard...depending on how good are your intakes and positioning of the fire grate of course. Prob wouldnt need to do it on a Klose for example but cant hardly get away from the practice on a pit with marginal intakes...improperly constructed or placed fire grate etc.

bigwheel

ok, gotcha.....thought you were kiddin a bit as I had visions of a stick fire in OGB's smoker with 2 inches of door open.....thinkin she'd be generating a fair amount of heat....small amount of stick/lotsa air, gotcha.
dj
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:25 pm

TX Sandman wrote:
JamesB wrote:Well, OGB... How'd it turn out?

Guess he's takin' a little nap after lunch. :wink:

Nap heck!!! I bet that he is out like a light!!!

Drove by his place on the way home from work. Didn't see him out so I didnt stop, but after I turned the corner I could sure smell the smoke!!! Smelled good too!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:40 pm

Well you shoulda stopped and took a whiz in his firebox. That is always a funny joke to play on folks. Gives the meat a real down home cookout type flavor.

bigwheel
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:46 pm

bigwheel wrote:Well you shoulda stopped and took a whiz in his firebox. That is always a funny joke to play on folks. Gives the meat a real down home cookout type flavor.

bigwheel

Are you kiddin me?!?!?!?! Did you see what was guarding that smoker???
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Friendly old yard dog is whut I seen. Little piece of beef jerky he stand guard whilst you loading up the truck I suspect. Aint never seen one of them blue heelers which was mean cept for one. Once I got done with him he wasnt mean neither. Roped him with a lariat rope and busted him in the chops a few times with an ASP...me and him got to be pals quick.

bigwheel

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”