Frozen Briskets

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

BigBrizket
Pilgrim

Frozen Briskets

Postby BigBrizket » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:06 am

With all the flooding going on in Nebraska, I am reading estimates of 1 million plus calves lost. Being someone involved in the financial and commodity markets, I have a feeling the price on beef is about to slowly start creeping up in your local stores if you live stateside. In an effort to save some money down the road, I am thinking of buying some briskets and throwing them in the deep freeze until I am ready to use them. Has anyone done this? and do the briskets still taste right after being frozen for an extended period of time?
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: Frozen Briskets

Postby Boots » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:15 am

thanks for the heads up, as a banker I also think about stuff like this - probably too much.

Frozen brisket will be fine as long as you take the same precautions as one does with any decent piece of meat, thoroughly wrapping to prevent freezer burn. I like keeping it in the butcher paper and then a two gallon freezer bag over that; squeeze out as much air as you can and then seal it up. Vacuum sealing even better.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Frozen Briskets

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:48 pm

There are so many sayings the first that comes to mind is a bargain is not truly a bargain unless you need the product...
I would pay twice the price in a year rather than the storage associated costs and then deal with less than fresh product. (and there is a difference in flavor in my opinion)
just me and my $.02 opinion
and lastly a saying that some one on this forum used to say
you can go broke savin money... :salut:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”