What are you cooking for Easter? Anyone tried Kurobuta Ham?

All BBQ smoked Low-N-Slow OR Hot-N-Fast goes here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: What are you cooking for Easter? Anyone tried Kurobuta Ham?

Postby Rambo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:12 pm

spacetrucker wrote:count me out, I'm not gonna cook, I'll be at Rambo's for lunch :cheers:
thats a good lookin menu :whiteflag:

Same thing Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas; I love it.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:24 pm

Rambo wrote:If that Ain't Country I'll Kiss Your As

"Well slap my britches and call me Paula Deen, Y'all" :salut: :cheers: :salut: :cheers: :cheers: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:35 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Rambo wrote:If that Ain't Country I'll Kiss Your As

"Well slap my britches and call me Paula Deen, Y'all" :salut: :cheers: :salut: :cheers: :cheers: :salut: :cheers:

MNL is 87; I don't know how much longer I'll get to enjoy those Hot Rolls but I'm going to relish every one I get. We've tried to replicate them and can't. I think there's something she's not telling us; she mixes them in a big wooden bowl and doesn't measure anything :dont:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Rambo wrote:MNL is 87; I don't know how much longer I'll get to enjoy those Hot Rolls but I'm going to relish every one I get. We've tried to replicate them and can't. I think there's something she's not telling us; she mixes them in a big wooden bowl and doesn't measure anything :dont:

my MIL used to make rolls like that, she even wrote down the recipe I have made them a couple times definately not as good as she used to make.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:16 am

Altho those Creations are sublime and can't be duplicated, when they go that part of them stays with them making them even more special I think. Then later on we will miss not only them and their Love but so many others things that will warm our hearts until we pass on also. I'm sure most of us that have some mileage miss many such things that we can only taste, see and feel in our memories :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:17 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Altho those Creations are sublime and can't be duplicated, when they go that part of them stays with them making them even more special I think. Then later on we will miss not only them and their Love but so many others things that will warm our hearts until we pass on also. I'm sure most of us that have some mileage miss many such things that we can only taste, see and feel in our memories :tup: :salut: :cheers:

You know it.
Moink!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:55 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Altho those Creations are sublime and can't be duplicated, when they go that part of them stays with them making them even more special I think. Then later on we will miss not only them and their Love but so many others things that will warm our hearts until we pass on also. I'm sure most of us that have some mileage miss many such things that we can only taste, see and feel in our memories :tup: :salut: :cheers:

Amen
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:11 am

For Sure!! I think we need to cite this as a OUP quote. :cheers:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:30 am

spacetrucker wrote: For Sure!! I think we need to cite this as a OUP quote. :cheers:

Thanks, my Friend, however, the credit goes to those Dear Ladies that told me these things. Unfortunately I didn't realize exactly what they meant until after "They" were gone. :bow:

Return to “Smokehouse - BBQ Discussion”